Episode 20

I wasn't having the best morning. After the incident with the shape shifter, mornings were a bit scary for a few days, but this time I wasn't worried about seeing my dead best friend on my walk to work. Instead, I was in utter despair.

The images wouldn't leave my mind. They stained themselves into my heart and soul, as if I wasn't allowed to forget. Seeing myself laying under a slim, handsome athletic man with glowing silver hair in the midnight moonlight was nothing but bliss in the dream. But now that I was awake, I felt awful. Atsushi basically indirectly friend zoned me the other day, and now I've had a wet dream about him. Maybe it was a reminder of some sorts.

Hey, just in case you forgot, you're still in love with this particular young man and maybe you should confess because you could get this awesomely sexy result.

Yes, but, in a dream my anxiety doesn't exist.

I sighed heavily as I picked up the basket of cookies I stayed up baking last night to take into work today. When it was someone's birthday at the agency, it was the job of the birthday person to bring some form of sweets in and then everyone would have a light celebration together. Kyouka's party was special, and we all decided to do the party specifically for her because of the circumstances, but things like that weren't particularly common.

Even though Yosano definitely would try and find some way to drink to any occasion anyways.

Now, on top of it being my birthday, which most likely meant I was the center of attention, I was also going to be tripping over myself. There's no way with my depleting composure that I could possibly not see flashes of Atsushi's bare back and chest, his contorted face and turned eyes, looking down at me with passion and pleasure and lust. There was no way I would be able to keep still when he called out my name and the way he called my name in my dream would echo after it, as if something in the universe was doing this to me on purpose.

I stopped in front of the door to the building. I could see my tired reflection through the glass, and I contemplated feigning sickness. A wet dream. After one hug.

"This is why people drink alcohol." I whispered to myself.

-

I placed the cookies on a table out of the way, calling out that anyone could take as they wanted. They flocked over almost immediately, each yelling out a happy birthday before thanking me for the treat and then running back to their desks to continue working before Kunikida yelled at them.

Dazai walked over last, yawning.

"Good morning..." He mumbled, reaching and taking two cookies at once, smelling them.

I smiled as my eye brow twitched, "Good morning, Dazai-san. Are you alright?"

"Oh, you see, I was up late last night reading."

"I see. Did you finish the book?"

"No." He pouted, "Eventually, I was falling asleep sitting up, so I just decided to put it down. I'll finish it tonight, though."

I chuckled lightly, "Your persistence is inspirational, Dazai-san. Please tell me how it ends."

"I will!" He finally grinned, seemingly rid of his exhaustion, "Ayame-chan, you're too kind~"

"Good morning everyone!" Atsushi's voice yelled as he kicked open the door, "I'm sorry I'm late!"

"You better be!" Kunikida hollered from his desk.

"Atsushi-kun." My smile brightened, turning to face him completely, "Good morning. What kept you?"

He blushed, "I slept in."