Chapter 13: Secret Dream

"How is it possible that you can't find him?" Erwin asked, remaining calm. He knew panic would be fruitless in this situation. However, it would be far from the truth if you thought he was controlling his temper without any difficulties. The merman was so worried about his little roommate it made his stomach hurt.

"The wizard must have discovered our trick. Fortunately, my spell is too strong to be just washed away. Thus, he was only able to split the spell into smaller pieces and placed them all over the city, making it hard for us to find the real source – Levi," the witch explained. She was composed as well. It was only natural of her to keep it together no matter what.

"So, the only thing left for us to do is to check every possible location?" Mike concluded with terror in his eyes. He desperately needed to hear he was wrong.

"I am afraid that's the only way," the doctor nodded. She pointed at a mirror that had its reflection replaced by a map of their city. There were small dots all over it.

"There are at least thirty of them, this won't be an easy task," the werewolf made a conclusion again, making eye contact with Erwin.

"And that's exactly why we start right now by interrogating the vampires," the merman decided and turned around, ending the discussion. Their guests, the Tyburs, were locked in Erwin's bedroom just like Levi used to be.

"I need you to tell me location of your partner's hideout," the blond got straight to the point. His eyes were locked upon the two siblings, who were lying on his bed.

"I'm afraid we can't help you," Willy spoke up, he was more talkative than his sister. "He didn't share this kind of information with us. Our meetings took place in my apartment or in some bar."

"So you have no idea where he could be hiding?"

"I think it's on the south. He once mentioned it," the sister joined their conversation with a new information, which could turn out to be useful. Erwin's expression lighted up with hope. Of course, it was not much, but he needed at least something to work with.

"He did?" her brother could not recall.

"Did he mention anything else?" Erwin did not let her answer Willy's question.

"Well, he was only flirting, so I can't say he shared any useful information with me..." she fell silent for a moment, recalling their conversation. "...no, I am sorry."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I swear! I don't know anything else!" she begged, afraid he would torture her to get more information.

"I believe you," Erwin assured her and left. His friends' eyes were already on him. They wanted him to give them a command. And he did:

"We will search the south first. How many places are there?"

"About twenty," Hange answered upon looking at her map.

"All right. We better get to work, then," Erwin stated, ready to save his dear roommate.

***

"Have I told you I am not the worst with computers?" the wizard's voice painfully rang in Levi's head. The sun was finally setting, letting his body rest.

"I have been able to find out who you're staying with. I must say, he really does have pretty blue eyes!" the blond kept on with his blabbing. Vampire's face was suddenly gleamed with white light of a screen. Once he opened his eyes, he saw Erwin's face. The photo was part of merman's file.

"They even added a picture of his irises. I didn't get it in high quality, however, I can tell they are the same as yours."

"What?" The vampire could not bring himself to say anything more. He was both too tired and confused.