Chapter 2: Apartment

"Mr. Ackerman, do not worry! Mr. Smith is a true professional, I can assure you he will be able to handle you!" Hange chirped, sitting behind her desk.

"Handle me?" the small man spat, glaring at her from the patient chair.

"Your transformation will be dangerous for you and your surroundings, that's why I said he will handle you," the scientist corrected herself. Then she looked at the tall blond, who was standing to Levi's right as if he was his guardian.

"You will stay with Mr. Smith and attend a few medical sessions in order to make sure the process of your modification goes as planned. Is that all right?" she asked, even though he did not have a choice.

"Of course," Levi answered with lifted chin and annoyed face, fully aware of the question's uselessness.

"In that case I don't see any reason for you two to stay there. Erwin, go and show him his new home!" she ordered cheerfully and then gestured them to leave. "Shoo! Go! Shoo!"

The small man grabbed his roller luggage, ready to do as he was told. Erwin noticed this and rushed to open a door for him. As Levi passed him, the small man gave him suspicious look, telling him he did not understand why Erwin was so polite. With this uncomfortable cloud of distrust covering them they walked the endless corridors. The only sound was made by wheels of Levi's small suitcase, which the man dragged behind him.

As they walked in silence, Erwin started studying other man's profile. His brows were a bit furrowed, eyes bored, his upper lip stiff. Levi did not look like someone who almost die after brutal vampire attack. That reminded Erwin of something.

"Did Ms. Zoe examine you?" he asked to be sure.

"Yes. Doctors in the hospital took care of the injuries so she only checked the healing process," the raven answered, still looking forward.

"I suppose you are healing quicker than usually?" Erwin assumed, given the fact Levi begun his transformation and fast healing was one of the first abilities he should receive. The client did not say anything, so the blond took that as a form of agreement.

Erwin appreciated talkative patients as long as it was easier to work with them. However, that did not mean he despised getting shy patients. Cooperation being harder was the only problem Erwin had.

"We are here," he announced, and they stopped in their tracks. He opened the door and let Levi to enter first. The raven gave him the angry look again and entered. He found himself standing in a room that fulfilled a role of a living room, dining room and kitchen. He saw two doors, one of them leading to a bedroom and the other to a bathroom.

"Pretty small," the raven commented, looking around.

"I could say the same thing about you, too," Erwin thought to himself, not liking the annoyance in man's tone. It hurt him to hear someone speak cruelly about the flat, even though it belonged to a company. However, he kept his sassy personality hidden.

"I will be sleeping on the couch, you will take the bed," the blond decided, pointing in the bedroom's direction.

"No," Levi refused immediately and dropped himself on the soft couch. "I am not willing to sleep in a bed of some stranger."

"Very well, I just wanted you to be as comfortable as possible," the blond defended his previous proposal and went to kitchen counter. He took a bag and then turned to face his small roommate.

"I am going shopping now. Meanwhile, please, put my number in your phone so you can contact me if anything happens," Erwin suggested, giving him his card. Levi held it in both hands first and then took out his phone to save the number immediately. Erwin was surprised when he saw an old and damaged flip phone in raven's hand.