Chapter 11: Game is on

"Where are you going?" Erwin asked his roommate, who was apparently on his way out. One day passed since they had to spend night at Levi's flat. From the moment they got back to safety of Erwin's apartment, they did not leave it.

"Out, I need some fresh air," the raven made up an excuse, his hand already on a door handle. Erwin might have been his Ackerbond, however, Levi was not willing to let him control his life.

"I'll come with you," the blond man decided, getting up and taking place by his side.

"You aren't my nanny, I don't need you," the vampire tried to drive him away.

"I won't let you fight those vampires without a plan," the merman said while opening a door for his roommate.

"Just so you know, I do have a plan," the raven informed him grumpily. There was no point in hiding the true reason behind his departure. It was painfully obvious.

"Really?"

"Really."

"So, what is your plan then?"

"I'll find those bastards and tear them to shreds," Levi growled, his eyes clouded with violent thoughts. That look intimidated Erwin, making him worry.

"Well, that's way too simple..."

"It doesn't mean it's bad!"

"But it doesn't mean it's good either..."

"Then what do you propose, smartass?" the vampire hissed. He hated his roommate so much sometimes.

"My plan is similar to yours, however, it's more detailed. For instance, it contains a way we find out their whereabouts," Erwin stated with firm voice and Levi was sure he was practicing this in front of a mirror. In fact, he thought so majority of time. The man was just way too perfect.

"Is that so?"

"Yes, but for that, we need more help. We don't want to risk anything, do we?" the merman asked before knocking on a wooden door of an unknown apartment.

"Erwin! What brings you here at this hour?" Hange chirped once she opened the door. She was no longer wearing her lab coat but a colorful bathrobe instead. Her hair was messier than usually.

"Do you remember the vampires I told you about yesterday?" Erwin asked innocently. Nothing more was needed to be said. The witch sighed and gestured them to come in. If Levi had to describe Hange's apartment with one word, he would go for 'chaotic'. Books were everywhere.

"Where is Moblit?" the vampire asked. He was sure the man would not let Hange to make such a mess.

"He has a teambuilding with his coworkers in some cottage," the brunette said, making room for them on a couch by flinging down a couple of books. She then patted furniture's surface. "Sit down!"

"Thank you," Erwin said, making himself comfortable on the old couch. "I believe I should now explain what kind of assistance I need from you."

Hange only nodded, urging him to continue.

"I'll need you to cast a tracking spell on me and Levi. In addition, you will sit in a corner and keep an eye on us, ready to fight if necessary."

"Seems easy enough. A bit too easy, to be honest. Where is the catch, Commander?" the witch leaned forward, narrowing her brows.

"Commander?" Levi repeated.

"Yes, our little gang sometimes has to do crazy things to help other magical creatures. For those missions, Erwin is the one in charge. He is also a very kind being and so he earned a nickname 'Commander Angel'."