Which by the way I don't agree with. I'm average!

Anyway I'm 22 years old and I currently reside in Charlotte working as the assistant athletic trainer. Which means I see these guys just about every single day.

They're annoying like brothers but they're my guys. I have love for them. I've been doing this job for a couple years now and I love it. I have fun while making money. Who wouldn't love that?

There's nothing much to me other than that. I'm very consumed with my job. I don't get out much other than for work. I'm single, no kids- well.

I am a mom. A mom to 2 four legged babies. I have Bear, who's the oldest, and Charlie. He's my youngest but very well behaved.

Other than that, that's all there is to me.

Melo's POV

"You sure do break your neck every time she walks away." Gelo laughed while pushing me a little.

I kissed my teeth. "I wasn't looking at her. I was reading the sign over there." I pointed to a random sign.

"Yeah okay. We all know you like her." PJ said.

"I do not. Y'all being weird. I got a whole girl." They looked at each other and snickered. "What? What's so funny?"

"Bro why you with that old ass lady?" PJ asked.

"Nigga you the last one that should be laughing. Do we need to get on you about your current situation?" I asked him. He straight faced me. "Exactly. I'm good over here."

They can tease me all they want. I like Ana. She's mad cool, sweet, beautiful. What else could I ask for?

These guys around here like to say I like shortie but I don't. She has great energy and that's why I fuck with her. In a joking way and as a friend. That's my dog.

Are they lying that I watch her walk away? No. Okay I'll admit that she does have a nice butt. But shit Ana says the same thing. We both look at girls with big butts.

"Yooo." Gelo waved his hand in my face. "Our table ready."

"Oh." I started walking.

"You good?" He asked me.

"Yeah. I'm straight."

We got seated and ordered then started talking. "What were you trying to tell shortie earlier?" Gelo asked Miles.

"I was trynna invite her to top golf. Y'all know she don't get out."

"She gone say no. Why even ask?" I questioned and ate a mozzarella stick. They all looked at me. "What?"

"Why don't you ask her? She'll come for you. She clearly likes you."

"She told you that?" I raised my eyebrow.

"No but it's obvious."

"Like hell it is. She bullies me every chance she gets. Her ass let the elevator doors close when she knew I was late the other day and laughed when JB called me out about it." I told them.

"She likes you bro." Gelo said.

"Doubt it. I think she a lesbian."

"Nigga how?" PJ asked.

"Nah never mind. I'm being funny. But I know she don't like me." I said sure of myself.

"Okay. Let's flip it. Do you like her?" Miles asked.

"Nope." I took a sip of my drink and ate some ice.

"Lies." Gelo said and I mentally slapped myself.

This nigga knows me very well. I tend to grab something when I lie. Do I like Naomi?

Straightforward answer? I can't give you one. She's cool but I can't completely come out with it and say yes I like her.

"Can we get off me? Let's talk about you niggas and how you having baby momma problems. Let's talk about you buddy." I directed my attention to PJ. "Let's talk about it."

"There's nothing to talk about. The situation is being handled." He shrugged.

"Don't seem like it. She trolling on the gram and doing interviews. You found yourself a real keeper." I patted his shoulder and he shrugged my hand off.

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes.

Oh now he don't wanna talk? He just had all the mouth in the world with me. Guess shit ain't sweet when the tables are turned.

We continued eating then we went our separate ways. We have a game tomorrow so we gotta be at the arena early.

Thinking about what they said at dinner, I decided to give shortie a call while I got ready for bed. I hit the FaceTime button and waited for her to answer.

"What?" She answered. It was dark so I'm assuming she's laying down.

"Damn. What I do? I ain't think you were going to answer." I told her while putting toothpaste on my toothbrush.

"I wasn't. Wassup? It's-" she paused to check the time. "10 o'clock."

"It ain't even turn up time yet. Why you in bed so early?" I asked but it came out muffled since I started brushing my teeth.

"Because I gotta work in the morning. How was your food?"

"Oh that shit was bussin. You should've joined us."

"No thank you. Had to get back to my babies."

"Them lil niggas are not babies. With they big asses."

"Yes they are." She said. I shook my head and spit out the toothpaste. When I put the mouthwash in my mouth I looked at her. Well tried to. "Man what you call me for?"

I chuckled and continued swishing. She got a smart ass mouth but she's funny so I still engage. It's a plus that I'm attracted to her.

I spit it out and looked at her. "I called you to tell you to come to top golf this weekend. The guys figured you'd say yes to me."

"I'll see what my schedule is looking like and let you know."

"Shortie." I straight faced her. Who she think she foolin?

"Hey I have a life outside of the team. I be busy." She laughed.

"Doing what? Everybody know you an introvert. And we all know your kind stay inside."

"What day?"

"I think Saturday."

"Oh see look. I can't even do it. It's self care Saturday."

"I thought it was self care Sunday." I looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Not for me. Self care is an all day thing and Sunday is my day to do absolutely nothing so it has to take place on Saturdays."

"Come on best friend. You hang out this one time and I won't say nothing else."

"Are you begging?" I could hear the smirk in her voice.

"Never that."

"Doesn't sound like it."

"I'm not begging but would I like you to come with us? Yes."

"You gone pick me up?"

I rolled my eyes. This girl hates driving. She makes it a point to tell us. "Yeah I got you."

"Then it's a date."

"A date huh?" I licked my lips and smirked at her.

"Goodnight LaMelo." She hung up.

She's so easy to get riled up. It's cute.

Relax. Cute in a friend way of course.

——————