11:protective custody

Y/n's POV 

After i had told the officers what happened they determined that everyone in the house and myself needed to be in protective custody until Jared was caught. Especially after finding out that he had threatened Ranboo. we were all moved to a safe house outside of town with some nurses to take care of me since i am obviously still healing, and everyone refused to go into protective custody without me with them. 

It was about two weeks into our "vacation" as we all told our fans, and we were starting to get restless. Ranboo and I have gotten closer, since we weren't arguing over everything, and actually had some pretty nice conversations. The crush i had on him before I met him in real life had sparked up brighter then ever, now that he isn't putting up a front and is actually letting me see the true Ranboo. 

I was sitting on the love seat with Ranboo at my side. Wilbur and Niki were both sitting in chairs to the left of the Love seat and tommy and tubbo were sharing the couch to the right of us. The room was shivering with anticipation and fear as i held my test results in my hands. 

"hey, what ever it says, we'll be here for you. good or bad." Ranboo says as he takes my hand, he had been doing this often and i didn't know why. I take a deep breath and tear the envelope, taking the results out face down, still to scared to see. tubbo stands up and comes to stand beside me with a hand on my shoulder. 

"Ranboo's right. no matter the results we will fight what ever lays ahead together." everyone nods. i take one final deep breath and flip the page over. I start to cry as i read the results. A smile spreads across my face as i launch my self up, wincing slightly at my still healing insinuations. Ranboo stands up and gently helps me sit down again thinking its bad news until he sees my smile. I'm unable to speak so i hand the paper to Ranboo. 

"Cancer free." he grins from ear to ear and wraps me in a warm hug, that everyone joins, with tears of happiness running down their faces. 

after we all gain composer, we sit back down to relish in the moment. Suddenly the front door opens and in walks one of the protective custody officers. 

"Go pack y'all's bags and meet back in here. Well come one, chop chop! Get a move on!" we all stand and go pack our stuff together. about 45 minutes later we are all sitting in the living room again waiting to hear what was going on. The officer comes back in with his normal serious face. 

"we found Jared. we got him cornered in a little cabin about 4 hours south of town. there was a shoot out and he didn't survive fortunately we didn't loose any men. Had we been able to take him into custody alive he would have been facing around 15 to 25 in prison for Attempted murder, violation of restraining order, attempted vehicular man slaughter, possession of illegal fire arms and a few unrelated position of Illegal substance charges. Now lets get y'all home." he says as he cracks the first smile I've ever seen from the man. We all give a Whoop and start to pack all of our things into the vans that where going to take us home. 

about 2 hours later I am laying on my nice soft for the first time in two weeks. It was nice to be home and i was so ready to get back to streaming. I sigh and get up to go find Ranboo. He was in the kitchen throwing out the food that we had to leave here. i pinched my nose closed as I grab cleaner and sponge then start to scrub the inside of the fridge. 

"Here I'll do it, you go sit down." Ranboo says as he takes the cleaner and sponge away from me. 

"I've been sitting down for the most part the last 3 months,now let me do something." I say booty bumping him out of the way as i take the sponge and cleaner back. he chuckled before taking the cleaner and sponge throwing it in the sink and then promptly picking me up like i weighed nothing. I wasn't used to being this high up, damn this dude is tall. 

"Ranboo! Put me down!" I laugh while struggling to free myself from the giant that was holding me captive. 

"Nope"  he says popping the 'p' adn then walking into the living room. where Tubbo, Tommy, and Wilbur were watching south park. 

"put me down!" i say again laughing. 

"okay." Ranboo pretends to drop me as a result i grab his neck. 

"*Squeak* Ranboo don't do that!" i say laughing again. at this point we were all laughing. 

"I would never." Ranboo was smiling ear to ear as he gently placed me on the couch next to Tubbo. 

"can ya'll explain what that was about now?" Wilbur asked with a chuckle. 

"I won't let Y/n clean the fridge out." ranboo responds. 

"because I am perfectly capable of helping." 

"But you need rest." 

"But I've been resting for the past 3 months." 

"but-" 

Ranboo is cut off by Wilbur. 

"y/n you know that ranboo is not going to let you help so why don't you keep him company instead?" i roll my eyes 

"sure but you have to join me for an explanation stream, Okay?" i say as i turn to ranboo. 

"agreed." ranboo smile and scurries off to the kitchen like a toddler (you know the run he does) with me following behind. after ranboo gets done with the fridge we both get changed then meet outside my office. I open my office door and go to boot up the computer. Ranboo goes to his own office to drag his gaming chair to mine and grab his mask and glasses from his own office.