thirty-eight

Jake walked through the hallway, smiling at the students that greeted him. Edlyn watched him as she rolled her eyes, walking behind him. "You're quite famous as a professor," she complimented.

He smirked, "Aren't you proud to have a husband like me?"

She shook her head, "No. I never said that," and walked ahead of him. He scoffed before scurrying after her. He bumped her to the side and she smacked his back. People were watching them, looking at them weirdly for smacking each other.

They both laughed and giggled until a familiar figure caught their attention. Sorin gripped her bag tightly before forcing a smile, "You guys look...happy."

He sighed, "We need to talk."

Edlyn watched them both before looking and Jake who turned around to face her, "Go to class. I'll send you home after the class session ends."

She nodded and obeyed, walking to Sunghoon's class. Jake led Sorin to the rooftop. The place was quieter for them to discuss something. She lowered her gaze and bit her bottom lip nervously.

"Do you still love me?" He asked. "I do," she answered. "I don't," he said. She looked at him with startled eyes as her heart dropped. "Is there someone else that won your heart?" She asked, her voice breaking at the end.

"Yeah," he answered honestly. She blinked continuously to prevent herself from crying. "Is there something we can fix? Is it because of me being too clingy?"

He looked at the ground awkwardly, "It's not you, Sorin. You didn't do anything wrong. It's me, I fell out of love."

"Is it because of Edlyn? She made you do this, didn't she?"

"It doesn't have anything to do with her. Why can't you be nice to her? She knows that we're dating and she tried to be friends with you because she knows how I love you dearly. And you just had to treat her like shit," he snapped before leaving her alone at the rooftop.

Sorin threw her bag and screamed at the top of her lungs, feeling angry and disappointed all at once. She clenched her fists until the nails dug into her skin, thinking of revenge towards Edlyn.

One of the things that Daera hated the most was when she had to send her assignment to Sunghoon's office. She was also confused about why he loves to give her the most assignments instead of the other students. Even Edlyn teased her a lot about it too.

She knocked on the door and heard his voice telling her to come in. She forced herself to smile and stopped her thoughts of killing him. She walked slowly to his desk and put the files down.

"Oh, and one more thing," he spoke. She groaned tiredly before turning around to look at him. He handed her his phone, "Your phone number."

She scoffed and glared at him, her hand upon her hip, "Are you kidding me? I am not falling for that."

He smirked in amusement as he eyed her up and down. She rolled her eyes before folding her arms, "I am not gonna be like those wannabe girls who think they have a chance with you and then make out with you only to be rejected an hour later. So no, thank you."

"Then, what is your ideal type? Answer me, Kang Daera."

She thought for a while, "Someone loyal, which you aren't. Someone who can cook, be romantic, caring, smart, wise and generous. Someone full of knowledge. Someone like Professor Jay."

He stared at her, feeling his chest shot with a bullet. Like they always say, the truth hurts. She nodded before bowing, "Excuse me, professor but I must attend Professor Heeseung's class. I'll see you next time. I hope not."

She left his office. He scoffed, "Someone like Jay? He's not even experienced in dating. I'm experienced! I dated a lot of people!"