three

Jake already drank three cups of coffee due to his nervousness and he was waiting for the fourth one to be served. He fiddled with his fingers, played with his phone, looked around the cafe just to calm himself down but nothing worked. The entrance door opened and Jay walked in, still wearing his doctor coat.

"How did the surgery go?" He asked his friend who just sat down across from him. Jay sighed, "It was so tiring! I was supposed to finish my book and shop today."

"Sorry but there was an urgent matter I had to attend to. I'll make sure to take over your surgery next time," Jake tried to persuade him. Jay sighed again, "You don't need to do that. I want you to take over my class. I can't stand another day being followed by the female students."

"What can I say? You're handsome and rich. You're the son of the Park Specialist Hospital's director. Of course, everyone would want you."

"What is it that you want to talk about?"

Jake sighed and gathered his courage to tell him what happened. He started slowly from the moment where he went to the rooftop then met an unknown girl who was staring at the buildings there. Then to the moment where they both got drunk and went to a chapel to marry each other.

Jay widened his eyes, "You did what?! How can you be so stupid when you're drunk?"

"I don't know! It just happened! And now, she wants an annulment but she told me to go because she didn't want to 'ruin' her father's career."

"Sim Jake, how many bottles did you drink last night?"

"I don't know, probably seven?" He answered in fear. He knew Jay was scary when he is serious. Jay exhaled in defeat, "I don't know what to say anymore. Just go get an annulment. Get it as soon as possible before people find out. By the way, what's her name?"

Jake thought for a while. What he remembered was her surname was Park.

"I don't know. Maybe Park Edlyn or something?"

Jay clenched his fists and widened his eyes in shock. He found out the reason for his sister to call him. Probably to talk about the marriage too.

"Sim Jake," he called. Jake knew when Jay called him by his full name, something was wrong. He looked at the man in front of him, humming in response.

"Do you know my sister?" Jay asked. Jake thought for a while, "I don't know much about her. Didn't you say she studied in America for a few years?"

"Park Edlyn is my sister, you dumbass."

Now it was Jake's turn to be shocked. He gulped in fear and held his friend's hand, begging for mercy, "Jay, you know how I always help you with work, right?"

"We will meet tonight for dinner. And discuss this. You and my sister will solve this tonight. End of the discussion," Jay said sternly before leaving the cafe.

Edlyn got back to her parents' house, relaxing on the couch. She was too tired after what happened that night. Her phone beeped, signalling that a notification came in.

"You will meet me at the usual restaurant at 8 pm. I'm serious. Don't make me drag you there myself." - Jay

She gulped at the text in fear, Does he know about the marriage? He doesn't, right? How can he even know about it? Nobody told him.

She wanted to ask Jake about it but remembered that she didn't have his number. And she wasn't planning to add him to her contacts so why would she bother? The entrance door opened, revealing her father in a doctor's coat.

"Dad!" She smiled and ran towards him to hug him. Mr Park chuckled, "Where were you last night? You just disappeared from the party. Hojun was searching for you all over the place."

She led him to the living room to talk about her relationship with Hojun, "Dad, there's something I must tell you. I'm breaking up with Hojun."

Mr Park looked at her in surprise and tried to process all the information he just heard from her, "Why?"

"I heard about Hojun's real intentions of dating me last night at the party. And I don't want to marry someone who will use me for wealth and power."

He gave her a reassuring smile and patted her back gently, "I'm okay as long as you know what's best for you."

He left the living room to go upstairs to the master bedroom. Edlyn frowned and groaned in frustration, And now, how can I explain to him about the marriage? "Hey, dad, I just got married to one of your neurosurgeons. It was a drunk and impulsive decision that I made." I can't say that!

"Whatever! I'm going to rest and sleep for a while," she muttered under her breath before walking upstairs to her bedroom.