thirty-seven

Jay calmed his nervous chest as he walked out of his luxury car, earning people's attention around him. He fixed his coat and his hair before walking towards the cafe. His heart stopped beating as he stood at the door, seeing Daera drinking coffee at the corner waiting for him.

She was his first love and he still loves her. He cleared his throat and walked towards her before taking a seat across from her. "Hey," he smiled. She nodded, "Do you want to order anything?"

He shook his head, "No thanks." She smiled and played with her hands, "So...what is it that you want to ask?"

"The person who broke into Edlyn's house seems to know her trauma and fear. They put 3 corpses on her bed and splashed blood around it. The police are still investigating. And we also made sure Edlyn gets protection from being harmed again. I need you to do something."

She put her cup aside and paid attention to him. "Hojun seems to know her trauma. And he is one of the suspects. And we're still searching for the second person because there's no way he did it by himself," he explained. She scoffed, "He just can't stop, can he?"

"I want you to keep an eye on him. Update me about his whereabouts in school. Make sure he's not near my sister. Please take care of her."

She nodded and smiled, "Of course, she's my only friend."

He thanked her and looked away. She took a deep breath before asking, "How are you?"

He blushed and looked away, "I'm fine, yeah."

"Good to know."

Edlyn opened her eyes slowly, seeing Jake face her as he slept soundly. She brought her hand towards his face and traced his facial features slowly so that she wouldn't wake him up. "If you're sweet like how you described your crush, I would've tried to ask you out," she mumbled.

She smiled as she watched him breathe calmly. He looked like a baby, his cheeks puffy and his lips pouting. "You are handsome, I'm not gonna lie," she chuckled.

Her eyes dropped to his lips, it looked so soft and plump. She kissed him twice - when they met for the second time and during their wedding. His eyes opened slowly as his hand gripped her hand that was tracing his face.

"What are you doing?" He asked sternly. She tried to pull away but he was too close. "Nothing," she immediately answered before escaping from his grip. She fixed her shirt, "I think Jay already prepared breakfast outside. Take your time to get up"

She ran out of the room and leaned against the wall, calming her beating heart down. It felt like it was going to burst out of her chest.

She stepped into the dining room and gasped excitedly as she saw Jay already served a big breakfast meal on the table. Korean dishes are put neatly on expensive plates. Pickled vegetables for them to eat since it's their favourite side dish.

She sat down and flinched in surprise when she saw Jake approaching the table, taking a seat across from her.

"So...how are you going to confess to your crush?" She asked, munching on her rice. He frowned, "We're still talking about this?"

"Of course! You said Heeseung likes her too. So you must start the first move. Beat him."

"I don't know. She looks like she has feelings for him. I give up."

She grimaced at him as she watched him eat his breakfast. "You know you're never going to succeed in life if you keep giving up. No wonder why Heeseung is winning."

He coughed, "Yah! He is not winning. We haven't even decided who's the winner yet."

"Yeah yeah, keep saying that. Soon or later, you will cry seeing him and your crush kissing each other and announcing they're dating. Then, they'll both get married and have sex and have five babies!" She teased but stopped when he stuffed a salad into her mouth.

She quietly munched the salad down and smirked, amused by his reaction.