Chapter 29

EPOV

I don't know how long Bella had been sleeping but her relaxed pose told me that the worst was over. It was only a matter of time.

Trina and Moz had come back from the woods, laughing as they picked leaves out of their hair. The sky was a hue of light blue from the sunrise as they came into the room I was in and kissed Bella's cheeks.

"Got some fresh mountain lion for you buddy, not Tuna of course," he told me with a smile.

"Thanks," I told him as I took the thermos from him. Trina looked at me and I had trouble looking into her eyes.

That day, everything had gone so fast we didn't even register that Trina and Moz were hurt. We had to turn them quickly because of their severe injuries. Moz had already begun the transformation after James had bit him but Trina was almost fading into death until Rosalie made the split decision to bite her.

"How much longer?" Trina asked as she moved Bella's hair out of the way.

"Almost but she should be awake since she has finished healing but she hasn't woken yet," I told her. She nodded and traced Bella's face with her finger.

Moz and Trina were knockouts. They had been pretty good looking before but now they were gorgeous.

I looked over Bella once again. She had become so beautiful but I still felt guilty. That day, we also had to change Bella as well.

As soon as Bella collapsed, her heart started getting weaker and we saw the toll that the vampire venom had taken on her. We discovered that she had so much blood drained from her that her body was having trouble functioning.

We had a few scares as we transported Bella. Her heart would stop at random times and we waited those heartbreaking seconds until we heard a faint beat.

Carlisle had told me at one point that her heart wouldn't last anymore so I had to make decision. After Bella's heart had stopped for nearly a minute, I broke and bit her. Her blood was delicious, like ambrosia nectar specially designed for me.

It took me a bit to stop but I pulled away and she started to go through the change.

Moz and Trina had woken up two weeks ago and had transitioned to vampire life nicely. They never complained about the taste of animals and they checked in on Bella every day. Tuna and Fish also took a part in Bella's rescue, acting as guardians until they were sure she was safe. They stayed on the table next to her and took turns going to the bathroom.

How they got the toilet to flush, I'll never know.

The family also checked in on Bella and Alice had been excited that Bella wasn't awake to veto her decisions to dress Bella up. What we didn't know was that Bella's powers reacted even in her unconscious state.

As soon as Alice came at Bella with an ice blue cocktail dress, a bubble encircled Bella and knocked Alice back a few feet.

We had initially freaked out until we realized that it was only Alice that it was blocking. As soon as Alice sarcastically asked if Bella was comfortable with jeans and a t-shirt, the bubble was let down.

Carlisle was in awe. He had never seen a reaction like that and he studied Bella's defenses. He soon discovered that if someone came at Bella with bad intentions, the bubble formed and the people bounced off the bubble. The fascinating thing was that if there were people without bad intentions, they could make their way inside the bubble.

We didn't know if Bella had any other powers but her physical shield was an astounding development.

Alice waltzed in with a pair of jeans, a brown studded tank top and some accessories.