Chapter 19

Previously:

I went home after the Cullens said they would be hunting and parked in my driveway. I opened the door, put my coat and boots away, and plopped down on the couch.

When I started making myself comfy, a hand clamped down on my shoulders and I heard a bone chilling voice.

"Long time no see B."

I stiffened but made sure that my heart was calm. This person scared the heck out of me but I was good at keeping my emotions in check, much to Jasper's dismay.

"Jimmy" I greeted with a nod of my head to the person behind me.

"Now, now, you know I don't' really like that name. Lucky for you, I have a soft spot for you so I'll let it slide." Jimmy grinned as he came to stand in front of me. I hated this guy with every fiber of my being. Moz had the fortune of never being around to know who he was but he's heard my stories about Jimmy and thinks he's lower than scum.

"I don't like that you know what my name starts with so we'll call it even." I leveled my gaze at him.

"Ah, I forgot how much I loved your spunk! It's refreshing" laughed Jimmy. I hated him and his handsome looks.

"What do you want Jimmy" I leveled my gaze at his tinted glasses. Ever since I could remember, he has always had them on.

"Maybe I just wanted to see how you were" he grinned. I never noticed how shiny his teeth were, almost predator's teeth. I wondered where I had seen them before.

"Oh yes. I forgot how easy it was to look me up in the phonebook" I remarked drily. Jimmy chuckled at me.

"Oh B, I don't need a phonebook to track you down, I have my ways. Besides, who uses a phone book anymore?"

"Touché. What do you really want Jimmy, and cut the crap."

"I wanted to see if you would take me up on my offer."

I stared at Jimmy long and hard. He had offered me an opportunity to join him and his other two partners whom I had never met but I trusted him as far as I could throw him. He always showed up at a random heist and tried to persuade me to join his "better existence" as he put it but I always declined.

"What makes you think that this time will be any different from the other times?" I asked curiously. Did he think he would wear me down after a while?

"Just wondering." He shrugged as he examined my books. Tuna stealthily came down and sat in front of me protectively. She never liked Jimmy much and I was never prouder.

"I see you still have your overgrown cat" he snorted at Tuna's sneering face.

"And as you can see she still hates your guts. I know how she feels."

"Oh, that hurts B" Jimmy clutched his heart and fell to his knees. I eyed him until he got up.

"Are you finished with your theatrics?"

"Yeah. I'll get out of your hair but remember that my offer still stands. I'll be here longer this time B."

Jimmy dusted off his pants, waved and left. I stayed on the couch and stroked Tuna's hair. Jimmy always left after he offered but this time; he warned that he was going to be around. Should I be worried?

Nah, I have the Cullen family to back me up. I waited 30 minutes until I was sure he left, set my alarm and started on dinner. As I chopped my carrots, I cursed my stupidity for deciding to leave the alarm off this morning. I had gotten too soft. I needed to get back some of my stealth.