Chapter 14

Friday quickly came and I found myself in my room with Rosalie, Alice and Angela. Alice invited her along yesterday during one of her classes and Angela eagerly agreed. I liked Angela. She was a sweet girl and shy but she seemed to be coming out of her shell as the minutes ticked by.

Angela's costume was a butterfly. She had on a pale green dress, some beautiful wings, green peep toe heels, a butterfly necklace and a handmade headband that had green feathers wired on to a green headband. She looked stunning and she blushed when we openly gaped at her. Her boyfriend Ben was going as a butterfly catcher.

Rosalie came out of the bathroom dressed up as Wilma Flintstone. Her white dress hugged her body and she put on some nude ballet flats so that she would look barefoot. She clipped on her white choker and was fixing her wig in the mirror.

"You could totally pass for a redhead Rosalie" I commented while we were waiting for Alice to come out.

"Really?" she asked hopefully. I shook my head while Angela tried to keep her face straight. Rosalie narrowed her eyes at me from the mirror.

"Oh, ha ha. Make fun of the blond, she's used to it." She mocked.

"All right, have you heard this one Rose? A blond walks into a bar…"

"Shut up Bella!" she screamed and whirled to face me when Alice cleared her throat. We turned and looked at her. She looked so pretty but I wasn't sure what she was supposed to be going as.

"Well, what do you think girlies? How do I look?" She twirled in her dress.

"You look so vintage" marveled Angela while Rosalie and I nodded.

"Thanks! Jasper's going as a WWII soldier and I decided to go along with the 1940s theme. I would have screamed if I had to go as a civil war girl one more time." She shuddered. Rosalie chuckled and shook her head.

"Jasper likes the civil war?" I asked.

"He's a fanatic. I went along with it for a while but those dresses are hell to walk in and they make me look shorter than I really am." She huffed. Alice looked great in her black wiggle dress. She placed a butterfly belt around her waist, a silk flower hair clip, a bead necklace, and some pretty heels. She looked as if she literally stepped out of a photograph from the 40s.

I went into the bathroom and pulled on my costume. I felt ridiculous but I wanted to prove something to Edward about me being spontaneous. I pulled on my dark purple corset dress, struggled with my striped tights, pulled on my dark purple T-strap heels and placed a dark purple pin up flower in my hair. When I stepped out, the girls were slack jawed.

"So, how bad is it?" I asked nervously.

"Bad? Bella, you're hot!" Alice screamed.

"Yeah Bella, she's right. If I didn't have Emmett, I'd do you." Rosalie said matter-of-factly. Angela and Alice snickered at my blushing cheeks.

"Jeez Rose, if you wanted me that bad, all you had to do was ask." I joked and she winked in my direction.

"Forget about Edward Bells, I want you all for me." She teased. We all laughed and sat as Alice did my makeup and Rosalie did Angela's. Afterwards, we took pictures of us in our costumes. Rose and I did one where we mock kissed and another where Alice and I did vogue poses. We had a blast and soon, it came time for us to go to the Halloween fund raiser.

We all put on our coats and made our way to school. The boys were waiting for us in the front and they all looked nice. Emmett was Fred of course but Jasper looked dapper in his WWII costume. Ben looked so adorable in his butterfly catcher's suit but Edward was another story.