Chapter 12

I dropped off the girls on Monday morning before school started and waved at Trina. Moz was still upset at me so he holed himself in his workshop. I knocked on the door and let myself in. Moz was in a black wife beater, shaping a block of wood into a chair. He was a talented carpenter and I watched as the muscles rippled with his every move.

"Done ogling?"

"Gimme 10 more minutes." I smirked and he chuckled.

"Moz, I don't plan on telling them unless it's under extreme circumstances." I said quietly after a while.

"You shouldn't be telling them at all."

"It's my decision to make."

"You're not thinking about everyone that it involves" he raised his voice.

"It only involves me" I replied calmly.

"No it doesn't Bella! Have you forgotten about me?"

"You're not involved Moz! Why do you keep including yourself?"

"Because you're all I have!" he screamed. I was surprised.

"You're all I have" he repeated quietly and sunk down on his chair. I made my way over to him and sat in his lap. I started stroking his head while he sobbed quietly on my shoulder.

"That's not true Moz" I soothed "Trina's here and I want you to remember that I'll always be there. I'm never going away and don't you ever forget that. Do you hear me?"

He nodded and we sat there in silence for a while.

"Aren't you supposed to be in school?" he croaked.

"Oh. Darn I probably should…" I trailed off as soon as I looked into Moz's face. How could I think about leaving him after he bared his insecurities today? "You know what; school could do without me for one day. What am I going to miss?"

Next day:

"Oh man Bella, you missed it!" Alice said to me on Tuesday. I had spent the whole day with Moz doing random activities that we pulled out of a hat. Trina opted to stay home to give us some "Boz" time as she called it. We played "I Want You To" by Weezer on repeat the entire time and sang along to it the whole day. It had been a great day.

"What did I miss? Stink bomb? Girl fight? Food fight? Break dancing contest? Brownie stomping?"

"No, no, no, and break dancing Bella? Really? Does it look like anyone here can pop or lock? Where did you even see Brownie stomping before?"

"I don't know, Eric looks like he could bust a move. Brownie stomping is what you do to disgusting rock hard brownies. Breaks your shoes too if they're made by Ms. Fredel."

"No Bella! You're missing the point! You missed something big! Who the heck is ?"

"Well, what did I miss? Stop dropping hints and just tell me already!"

"I can't do it now but I'll tell you later" she said and walked away.

"You what? Come on Alice! You get your pixie butt over here and tell me what I missed!"

"Later Bella" she shouted while waving her hand in my direction.

I frowned in her direction and walked to English class where I slumped in my seat. I looked over towards Jessica and Lauren and smiled at them. They scowled at me but then a worried look crossed their faces and Jessica waved at me hesitantly while Lauren looked down at her desk. What had happened yesterday?

The time flew by and I found myself sitting at lunch with the Cullens again, smiling at a story Emmett was telling about the day he wanted to try on pantyhose.