Chapter 20

Wednesday rolled around and I was trying to pry myself away from my handsome boyfriend.

"I really have to go" I mumbled against his lips.

"You don't seem like you want to" he grinned as he pecked me again.

"Because you keep intoxicating me with your addictive kisses!"

"You complain but you don't really mean it" he chuckled.

"Yeah, yeah. All right, I really gotta go. I'll see you tomorrow!"

"Wait, I'm not coming in?" he asked hurt.

"Nope, secret heist stuff!" I yelled back. He nodded in understanding and drove away. When I saw that he was gone, I ran outside and jogged to the spot in the woods where I was supposed to meet Esme at. I hopped up a tree and waited until I saw a familiar blur.

"Bella dear?" she called. I stayed quiet in the branches.

"I could have sworn that I smelled her here" she muttered to herself. She waited quietly and then snapped her head up to the branch I was at.

"Bella, what are you doing up in that tree? Don't you know that it isn't nice to play tricks on someone?" Esme frowned as I jumped down lightly to the ground.

"I wasn't playing a trick Esme, I was covering my tracks. How'd you know I was up there?"

"Advanced Vampire hearing" she shrugged.

"Darn, wish I had some of that."

"They sell it at your local stores" she jested.

"Ha ha. All right Esme, let's get to work."

"Hop on dear" Esme bent forward and I climbed onto her back. When she tipped forward, I jumped off her back and tried to help her up.

"Oh my gosh Esme! I'm so sorry! I thought since Edward and Alice could carry me, then you would be able to but I should have known. Are you alright?" I asked worriedly. I couldn't believe it. Less than a week of planning with Esme and I broke her!

"Bella, it's quite all right, I just…"

"No it's not OK Esme! I can't believe I broke you! Oh my gosh, now I'm gonna have the whole family after me! Edward's going to hate me! Emmett's going to use me as his new chew toy! I'm dead! I'm DEAD!" I wailed as I sank to the ground.

"Oh Bella, I didn't mean to make you so worried!"

"How can I not be worried when you're broken? I don't even know how to fix vampires! It's not like there's a seminar at the local YMCA!" I cried again. Esme kept trying to make me feel better but I kept my head down with shame. Finally, she broke.

"Bella! Excuse my language but, SHUT the hell UP!" she exploded. My head snapped up to see Esme standing in front of me with an annoyed look on her face.

"You're OK?" I croaked.

"Right as rain" she modeled in front of me.

"You tricked me?"

"No, I bent over to tie my shoe. Can't be tripping over my own laces and causing you bodily harm, Edward would be devastated."

"Oh. Well, let's go then." I dusted my pants off and approached Esme warily. She rolled her eyes, yanked my arms over her shoulders and set off.

"Pu-shy" I muttered as I adjusted myself on her back. Esme chuckled and accelerated a bit more. After about 20 minutes, Esme slowed down to hop a fence. When she stopped in front of a building, I hopped off.