Chapter 25

I was still in shock over Jimmy's admittance. It all made sense now.

"Shocked, my dear Bella?" He asked amused.

"Just wondering what you wanted," I told him with a calm I knew I didn't feel.

"Well, I've gotten tired of you ignoring me all these years Bella. You've hurt me," he pouted.

"It hasn't stopped you from getting other girls. Besides, I'm happy with…"

"Edward. Yes, I know," he interrupted, "but you see, I really want you to be with me and that's where my proposition/threat comes in."

"And what would that be?" I asked him tightly. I was getting pretty angry at his games and was working to dial one of the Cullens' numbers.

"You see, I have a lot of powerful friends too," he said as he leaned back in his chair again. I scrolled down and tried to send a text message to Alice while he monologued.

"And my friends seem to think of me as their leader," he went on as I typed in for her to help and started writing down my coordinates.

"And what does that have to do with your threat?" I asked as I typed my message.

"You see, if you don't find a way to get away from your Cullens and come with me…" James paused as I typed in the last number. I was about to hit send when his next words stopped my heart.

"… I'll kill them all and make you watch," he ended sinisterly.

"Why would you do that?" I asked him horrified.

"It's the only way you'd listen. I know that once you become friends with someone, you're fiercely loyal. It's the only way to make you listen really."

"And what if I refuse?" I asked defiantly.

"That's easy. I'd torture them right in front of you before they died. That way, you could feel every single one of their body parts break, their limbs tear, and their blood pour. Every scream will be forever seared into your subconscious, their accusing eyes haunting you whenever you close your eyes," I looked up at his cold eyes and smug expression.

The thing was that I knew he would do it too. The one thing that I learned from Jimmy was that when he said he would do something, he meant it and Jimmy, I mean James, always kept his word.

"No," I breathed out in horror. I couldn't bear to have any harm fall upon the Cullens or Trina and Moz. I knew my only choice would have to be to comply with James and escape when I had the chance.

"So what do you say Bella? Are you taking the easy way or do I have to convince you?"

"I'll do what you want James, just leave my friends alone."

"Good," James said in a pleased voice and patted my knee. "I expect you to get away from them two days from now. I figured you'd like one last day with them." He tapped my shoulder as if he was doing me a favor. I was livid on the inside but I kept it tightly bottled for the Cullens.

"And what am I supposed to say to them?" I asked annoyed. They were never going to believe nothing was wrong with me.

"Make it up but make it quick. As soon as you get rid of them, go to the coordinates I give you and that will be that," he said happily. He stuck a paper in my hand and told me to burn it after I memorized the numbers.

"And then what? I stay with you?" I spat the last part.

"Now, now Bella. This can be hard or this can be easy. All I know is that if you have attitude, this… experience… will be very hard, for both you and your friends."