Chapter 8

-BPOV-

Moz left the next day after a joking reminder to call him if Edward needed more convincing.

It had started raining and I felt my mood dampen as well. I dressed in a light blue and yellow plaid shirt, a yellow ribbed tank underneath, some gray cropped jeans and clipped on a sad storm cloud necklace.

I put on my yellow and gray Nikes as I grabbed a handful of strawberries, grabbed my sunny inside umbrella and strolled to my car. I had no one to talk to and the ones that did want to talk were less than stellar company. I was really regretting going to school but I never quit.

When I arrived at school, I dropped my keys as soon as I stepped out of the car. I rolled my eyes and was about to pick them up when a white hand grabbed it before I did. Rosalie and Alice were standing in front of me with identical lovely smiles.

I was confused. Weren't they avoiding me? Why were they here? What were they up… Hold on, was Rosalie smiling? At me?

"Wha… Are you okay Rosalie?" She looked confused for a moment.

"More than okay, why do you ask?"

"You're smiling. At me."

She burst out into laughter while Alice giggled. Everyone was looking at us strangely not only because these beautiful girls were laughing but they were there without their boyfriends. I spotted them across the parking lot looking equally as confused. Edward was a mix between anger and confused.

"Well of course I am Bella" Rosalie stated "Why wouldn't I?"

"Because you've been avoiding me" I said flatly "and we should keep it that way."

I walked away from them towards my English class, hoping that I would be left alone for the day. Of course, I never get my wishes and was instantly bombarded by Jessica in class.

"What did you say to Rosalie this morning?"

"I don't know."

"Well maybe it was something you said?" she pressed. Before I could say something else, someone else popped in.

"Maybe she got a look at your outfit."

I had forgotten Lauren was in this class and she looked pleased that she had gotten the attention of the class with her remark. Jessica giggled until I shot her a look. I had had enough of this girl. She lived to put me down at every chance she got but ignoring her wasn't taking the effect I hoped it would.

"Ah Lauren, I forgot you were in this class. How are you doing today?" I asked pleasantly. She narrowed her eyes at me and made an obscene gesture.

"What's the matter Laur? No more clever retorts? How long did it take you to figure out the previous one?"

By her expression, I knew I had pushed the right buttons.

"Just you wait until gym" she growled. I smirked in anticipation.

"I'll be waiting" I answered evilly. I think it had scared Lauren by the flash of fear in her fishy blue eyes.

The rest of classes passed by and people started gossiping about the 'showdown in gym' as they called it. I walked into the lunchroom and sat at my table alone, taking out the lunch I packed myself.

"Aw, little baby Bella doesn't have anyone to play with" mocked Lauren in a baby voice as she passed my table. I started fingering the knives I always tucked in my sleeves and hoped that Lauren walked away before I was headed for jail.

"Ew, what is that?" A voice sounded behind me. Lauren looked surprised and confused of whoever was behind my back.

"I think it's some kind of scum" said another lovely voice. Oh crap. I was already getting grief from Lauren but now the Cullen girls had to join in? They were acting so nice this morning! Lauren looked like the cat that ate the canary while I sat frozen in my seat.