15│A BRAVE NEW WORLD, PT. 1

Start from the beginning

🌎🌎🌎
[Class Pre-Union, 1.9]

"Well, at least Minkus isn't your best friend."

"Nope," she agreed as she leaned against his side. "It's us against the world, Shawnie."

"Promise?"

"You know it."

🌎🌎🌎
[Stormy Weather, 3.16]

"We'll figure it out, Julie," Shawn promised. "We always do, don't we?"

For the first time since she'd gotten there, Juliet smiled. "I think you mean I always figure it out."

"Well, this time it is we," he said firmly. "It's us against the world, remember?"

🌎🌎🌎
[Cutting the Cord, 6.12]

A few days later, he found a package waiting for him on his bed. More curious than he was willing to admit, he picked up the note first and opened it to read: 'you can have space but you're not alone. It's us against the world, remember? I've got you, babe.'

With a small smile, he put down the note and opened the wrapped present. Inside was a very familiar Walkman. 

🌎🌎🌎

The following day, Juliet knocked on the door of Cory and Topanga's apartment which opened to reveal the boy himself. "Oh, good, you're here. Is Topanga home?"

He gave her a concerned look. "Um, no. Is everything okay?"

"I. . . I just wanted to talk to you," she admitted, feeling slightly awkward. "I know we don't usually talk alone together, but—"

"No, no, that's okay," Cory said as he opened the door wider. "Come in." She gave him a relieved smile and made her way to the couch as he sat down next to her. "What's up?"

"Well, you and I are both creatures of habit," she began, "and therefore don't like change. I know you don't want to move to New York because you'll only have Topanga there. That's. . . kind of the same situation I'm in except much farther."

"You don't know whether or not you should accept the move to England," he finished for her. He grinned at her shocked look. "Shawn's talked to me about it."

"I— oh. Has he said anything?" she asked hopefully.

"Only that he wants what's best for you, even if it isn't him."

Her hands curled in her lap. "That's the problem. I don't know why he's being so stubborn about this. What could be better than him?"

"Nothing," Cory agreed. "You guys love each other just like Topanga and I do. He does everything with you in mind, you know."

"I wish he'd just be selfish for once," she grumbled. "I don't want to go to England without him."

"Have you told him that?" At her deadpan look, he held up his hands placatingly. "Okay, okay, I was just asking. I tried to tell him that he was a stupid idiot and that he should let you go through the process of deciding what to do, but I could tell that he wasn't listening to me."

A faint smile curled on her lips. "Stupid idiot?" Juliet repeated with amusement. "That's a tautology."

"I have no idea what that means."

🌎🌎🌎
[A Long Walk to Pittsburg, PT. 2, 4.17]

"Are we ever gonna meet your dad?" Cory asked suddenly. "He's been around for awhile now."