CHAPTER - 14

Sick days and lonely times.......

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Marinette tapped her fingers on the table. Waiting and waiting.

This was odd, in all her time that she knew him, he had never been late. It was always Marinette who had the shorter end of the stick and was late to everything. Well, she didn't blame herself though being ladybug meant skipping classes, being late, getting scolded, having to come up with the most absurd excuses.

But it was never him, he was always punctual. Marinette may go as far as to say that she hadn't ever met anyone who was always on time.

A small sigh escaped her lips, she was getting bored. The class was about to start in ten minutes yet no sign of Felix. In the two months that Felix had come to Dupont, he had never missed a day. But Marinette thought that today was going to be the first.

She didn't know why but she felt slightly disappointed with the thought of not having him around for the day. He always made her laugh and giggle with his sarcastic comments. When she had first met him, she would've never thought that Felix was the type of person to have the ability to laugh or be kind. But she had been proven wrong and she was glad for it.

Marinette decided to shoot him a text asking if he'd come today. If not then she'd take notes for him as well.

She waited and waited and waited for his reply.

Ting

Marinette's phone buzzed as she received a notification.

Felix
I won't be able to come today, I have a fever

Marinette read the text. Her eyes widened. He was sick?
Marinette sighed, he was sick because of her.

It was a cold summer rain. The drops  fell in a light shower, the sky was of a beautiful orange tint. The drops sent ripples through the muddy puddles. Laughter echoed in the street as two teenagers ran in the rain-drenched.

Marinette banged her head on the table with a thud. Ugh, Felix must hate me now, he got sick because of me.
The ravenette felt like it was her fault, in the end, she was the one who had insisted to go in the rain even though she knew they'd be soaked to the bone.

Though they had quickly reached her house and had changed, she had hoped that they won't get sick but here she was, worrying about him.

You can't possibly get sick by running in the rain for 5 minutes. She thought.
Marinette groaned, this was her fault and she felt guilty for forcing him. Part of her told her, he'd be fine and get better. Another part was guilt-tripping her into doing something for him.

In the end, Marinette decided to take notes for him and give them to him after school.

==================================

The sky was a clear shade of blue, the birds chirped, there was no traffic, the street was calm, the trees rustled with the light breeze. Marinette felt as if she should be calmed by the chirping of the birds, the faint sunlight, the calming breeze.

But her trembling fingers told a different story as they lightly hovered over the bell. Marinette had never realized how intimidating a mansion can be, until now.

The mansion was surrounded by a high wall that rounded the whole building. She wasn't able to see anything inside, the walls towered over her, she felt as if they were trying to intimidate her.