CHAPTER - 13

A day in the life of Adrien.....

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

A small ray of sunshine entered the bedroom through the glass windows, after hours and hours of stormy rains.
It cast a light glow in the darkened bedroom, marking the beginning of a new day. It felt almost peaceful.

He shot up in his bed, panting. His soft, silky hair were slightly wet with sweat and stuck to his forehead. His eyes were wide from the scenario he had just witnessed.
A nightmare.

They had returned again.

Wildly running his hand through his hair, Adrien tried to grasp onto the situation and bring himself back to reality. His emerald green eyes shone with tears, as his cheeks were tainted pink.

He knew he was red all over. His neck, his chest, and ears were most probably spotted with shades of pink. These were the signs of anxiety he always showed after those dreams.

Wrapping his mind around his surroundings, Adrien heaved a sigh of relief as he registered that he was indeed in his bedroom. He lightly wiped his tear-stained cheeks and let out a soft sob as the contents of the dream, flashed through his mind.

Softly landing his feet on the ground, his eyes searched for the Kwami. Plagg was laying on the other side of the bed, snoring into his pillow, with a small piece of cheese in his hand.

The corners of his mouth lifted into a gentle smile, watching the Kwami peacefully sleep. He was secretly glad that he hadn't woken up the small God. After working so hard and serving his command, the little God deserved some rest.

Adrien headed towards his bathroom and looked at himself in the mirror. He had light dark circles under his eyes. He sighed, he would have to cover that up. Maybe, a long warm bath will do him some good.

Stripping his clothes, Adrien entered the hot shower. A soft sigh escaped his lips as the water hit his skin. The warm water trickled down his smooth pale skin, relaxing his overworked muscles.

He let his thoughts wander to the unusual dream.

A gentle wind blew, as a lady in white stood atop a small hill. Her dress flowing with the wind, her blonde hair tied into a braid. The lady was singing a sweet melody.

"Little kitty on the roof ….”
"All alone without his lady…" a softer, younger voice spoke.

Adrien's eyes widened in recognition, as he ran towards the beautiful lady singing his song. The voice sounded like honey to his ears as it sang, but the closer he went, the farther the Lady and the little child walked hand in hand. Tears stung his eyes as he tried to keep up.

Suddenly, the scene dissolved into a white scenery. He was back in Paris, the only difference was, it was white.

"I'm forever a little kitty on the roof…" a voice echoed. Adrien's ears perked as he felt a shiver go down his spine, something about this was off, very off.

Adrien walked to the edge of the roof as he followed the voice and met with the sight of a figure clad in white sitting and singing.

He drew in a sharp breath, as he recognized who stood before him. It was him. He was transformed, but he was white.

The blonde looked around, the whole city seemed to be demolished. Not a life to be found. Did he do all this?

The figure abruptly stood up, noticing his presence. He looked at Adrien with icy blue eyes. A white light rapidly growing in his hand.