CHAPTER - 4

....a bittersweet coffee

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Marinette ran towards the school at top speed . She was late , again . Well , you couldn't blame her now could you . The Akuma last night was a particularly hard and tricky one . Marinette hated the Akuma's who were related to sleep . They always came at night and took her sleep away . This particular one was suffering from insomnia and had had many sleepless nights , finally frustrated it turned into an Akuma .

Thanks to Chat Noir they were able to defeat it . It was really funny though. As Chat Noir threw the Akuma's wand towards Ladybug , he accidentally touched its end and fell asleep and curled up into a ball like a kitten . Marinette chucked remembering the memory . Oh chaton. What am I supposed to do with you ?

They finally defeated the Akuma at around 6 A.M . Marinette crashed onto her bed ready to sleep but the alarm rang at the wrong time causing Marinette to go into fight or flight mode and tumble down her bed and onto the hard floor . It was already starting to look like a bad day .

Marinette rushed into the class with 10 minutes to spare . Huh , I'm not late .
The ravenette plopped down into her seat and yawned . She looked beside her to see Felix reading a book .

It had been a few days since the blonde boy came to the ravenette's school . Marinette at first was a little worried that what might the blonde do with his second appearance at school as the class was less than hospitable to Felix but he didn't do anything . He was rather calm about the whole ordeal . He didn't talk to anyone and no one talked to him . Except Lila of course , what else could the brunette do except praise herself.

Marinette shuddered at the thought of Felix and Lila working together , it would be the end of it for all of them . But Felix always dismissed Lila even before she talked. He seemed to always be annoyed even at the presence of the liar . Finally someone I can relate too . The ravenette herself couldn't help but be disgusted at the presence of the liar . She was really glad that Felix hadn't made her life a living hell . There was already one person to do it.

Marinette glanced at the thermos in Felix's hand . He was drinking coffee .

"Had a rough night?"
Marinette snapped out of her thoughts and looked at the blonde boy sitting beside her . Marinette nodded and then sighed . Why didn't she also bring coffee. This is going to be a long day .
Felix looked at the ravenette sitting beside him . She was obviously very tired and sleepy .

Felix poured the coffee in the cup which was provided with the thermos and held the cup in front of the ravenette.
"Here , drink this." Felix said . Marinette blinked at Felix , unable to comprehend why would he offer her his coffee.
"No , thank you . It's your coffee. " Marinette replied.
"You look like you need it more than I do Dupain-Cheng. "
Marinette took the cup skeptically and hesitantly brought it up to her lips . Felix noticing this , took a sip from his thermos to show it was okay . Marinette looked at him and drank the coffee . It was bitter , very bitter but as long as it managed to keep her awake she was fine with it .

Marinette looked forward to see Adrien also carrying a cup of coffee . Guess I wasn't the only one who had a rough night .
Marinette sipped the coffee again . It was so bitter , growing up in a bakery Marinette wasn't used to eating bitter things. She usually had a cup of sweet cold coffee or chocolate milkshake in the evenings but she also sometimes had a strong shot of espresso to deal with being awake the rest of the day . I wish being Ladybug could have gotten me some sort of concession to be late to school.