CHAPTER - 3

.... a nightmare???
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Marinette woke up with a start . Beads of sweat trickling down her forehead . She looked to her side to see Tikki sleeping peacefully . She wiped her brow and recalled what had woken her up . It was a dream , a rather scary one . Everyone found out that she was ladybug and Chat Noir became Chat Blanc and there was havoc everywhere. She remembered in her dream , Chat Blanc's icy blue eyes a stark contrast to his usually soft green ones . And his whole suit was white . Hence , the name Chat Blanc . He was after her life , and the worst part she wasn't ladybug rather herself with a yoyo and the whole world watching . She felt exposed . What if people do find out that I'm ladybug . In the dream she had manged to catch a glimpse of Alya's face . It showed horror , betrayal and was that guilt . It was a very vivid dream . She was forgetting the details as the minutes were passing . She looked at the time 6:14 A.M. . Huh , 15 minutes to the alarm.

Quietly opening the trap door and being careful to not wake Tikki up , Marinette climbed out onto her balcony . She put her hands on the railing watching the almost completed sunrise . The sky was a tint of orange and a little pink and was slowly becoming blue . The sky was clear. And there were little happy clouds . Marinette smiled at the beauty of the city which she protected . Paris was truly beautiful . It was a shame that someone would try to destroy its beauty but at least the miraculous cure fixed everything.

Marinette sighed . Remembering Alya's reaction from her dream . Why did she let them become so distant , only a few months ago they were happily chatting, telling each other jokes and laughing , how did it go from this to not even talking anymore. All interactions between them had become somewhat professional. Marinette the class president and Alya the deputy .
__

"Where were you ? "
"I had gone to the washroom."
" Again , Marinette what is up with you and going to the washroom . There was an Akuma attack . You could've been hurt. " Alya said . Marinette knew that Alya was worried but she couldn't tell her that she had gone to fight the akuma as ladybug .
" I'm fine now . Aren't I?"
"Yes , you are but tell me where had you actually gone I know you didn't go the washroom. They're literally in the opposite direction from where you ran ."
"....." Marinette was speechless . How was she supposed to answer that .
"Have you been lying to me?"
"What . No . I'm not lying to you "
"Then tell me where'd you go?"
"I can't."
"So you're keeping secrets from me ."
"No" Marinette whispered . She knew that she was lying there were at least a hundred secrets Marinette wasn't telling her , all related to the miraculous. But at least she wasn't lying for her own selfish reasons.
"You never seem to tell me anything nowadays . We are best friends we're supposed to tell each other everything ."
"You can't know each and every detail about my life . I have something called personal space . I wasn't feeling well and became anxious about the akuma so I ran off to hide . " Marinette screamed , frustrated . Yes , being ladybug put her on the spot and in a lot of panicking situations . She had also had an episode of hyperventilation one time when she had to transform three times to defeat the Akuma and they were no where near to defeating that thing but Alya didn't need to know that .

"I didn't know that you were scared from the Akuma"Alya replied guilty.
"Of course you don't . I never told you ." Marinette said in a soft tone , calming herself down .
"Why didn't you tell me ?"
"I didn't want you to worry . Plus I didn't want to be crowded up " Marinette said .
"I'm sorry but I needed to go and shoot the fight for my blog . I was so focused on it that I never saw that you were scared . Everytime you disappear is it because you're scared ."
"There's no need to be sorry . You need to see the battle and upload it on the blog and I'm fine, aren't I?" Marinette said in a low voice so only Alya could hear her .
"But you've never been scared in front of me "
Well , shit . Why can't she be like this with Lila .
Marinette didn't exactly have the skills in lying like the liar but she wished she had . So that she wouldn't be in this situation right now .
"...."
Alya sighed . "You know what , you're right you do have some personal things and I shouldn't try to pry into your personal life but next time don't lie to me just tell me it's something you can't share "