CHAPTER - 6

Check and Mate

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Felix woke up with a start . Dreading to go to school again. It had been more than two weeks since he started attending François Dupont High and was already exhausted trying to deal with multiple people all day long . He hadn't communicated with many people except his teacher and Dupain-Cheng. 

Felix had had high expectations of the school when he had seen the merits of  François Dupont High . And with his cousin speaking highly of the school , even though he didn't want to go he was still looking forward to attend the excellent classes and courses provided by the school . The school provided various courses for students and they could choose any one extra subject . Felix had chosen Music and it was by far the only thing he had liked in the school .

Felix had very high expectations when he had entered the school . He knew that his class wouldn't like him one bit but seeing the naivety of the class and them easily believing whatever they were being told like nursery children , he was glad yet irritated about having to spend the rest of the year with this class filled with sheep . The only silver lining was that he was sitting with Dupain-Cheng who was a tolerable existence.

Dupain-Cheng was a very mysterious girl . She sometimes disappeared and then suddenly reappeared . It was a bit odd . Why would she keep on disappearing? He wanted to ask her but it wasn't his place to do so. By the looks of it he could tell that her former friends never noticed this .

Dupain-Cheng puzzled him . Sometimes she was sweet , though it was never really directed at him , and then suddenly her gaze used to turn cold and hard whenever she saw Lila or her classmates stalking around.  She used to seemingly trip on nothing but also balance herself before taking a fall . She was very hardworking and poised yet at the same time super clumsy . There were many sides of her , each one different than the other and had a stark contrast which made Dupain-Cheng an enigma .

She was the Class president and listened to those ungrateful brats and tried her best to complete their wishes . When Felix had first come he half expected her to not help him at all but she helped him and provided him with all the material which he was pretty sure should have been provided by the teacher . There was something about her something which no one knew , a side of her not seen by anyone,  a secret and Felix was going to have fun unraveling the mystery surrounding Dupain-Cheng.

"Felix wake up , it's time for school." His mother's voice echoed through the house . Felix got up nonchalantly and started getting ready for school.

==================================

Lila arrived in school a brilliant plan formulating in her head . She wanted to  have Felix wrapped around her finger and for that she had to get close to him and remove Dupain-Cheng. She knew that she had promised Adrien but she didn't care . She cared about her own gains and she wanted Felix . And she was going to have him.

But Marinette was getting in the way and she wanted to take away everything from the ravenette.  Lila found fun in torturing Marinette and hadn't done so in a long time and she was itching to somehow ruin the ravenette's life and now she had a plan. 

==================================

Marinette quietly entered the class with  ten minutes to spare . She sat down at her seat and started sketching and brainstorming . She had to complete the dress tomorrow and still wasn't sure what to add . She didn't want to disappoint Arya for not completing her dress . Marinette sighed . How am I going to complete this in time ?