CHAPTER - 10

...Tomato boy

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

It was a bright sunny day . The afternoon sun shone through the beautiful city of Paris . The birds lightly chimed , flapping their wings . It had been a particularly good day for the protagonist of our story.

Everything was perfect until.....

---

The sound of the fallen book echoed throughout the library . Sigh. Marinette bent down to pick up the fallen book.

The room was dead silent , only a few people moving around trying to find what they need , some sitting around reading, enjoying in solace .

The day for Marinette had started out gleefully , she was happy as it was the weekend which meant no school and she could sleep more .

The ravenette was beaming with happiness , much to all the kwami's surprise . They hadn't seen the guardian this happy in a long time . She always used to be worried about one thing or the other  ever since she became the guardian of the miraculous . But they were happy to see the ravenette so ecstatic and enjoying the weather outside whilst she sat on the chaise outside and sketched .

Everything was well until a certain phone call.

The guardian rushed out of her house , her footsteps echoing , only audible to her . Drops of sweat trickling down her forehead , her clothes a little wrinkled and her ponytail swaying in the wind as she ran. Her cheeks were red from running and her freckles now more visible as her face was bare. 

The guardian came to a stop . She was crouched down with her hands on her knees , panting . Sweat trickled down her cheeks and neck as the ravenette fixed the strap of her bag and her clothes .

She was surprised when Felix had called her asking her to come to the library . She had no idea he had her number , where did he even get it from . Well , he does have a lot of connections .

The ravenette made her way inside , searching for a certain speck of blonde . Marinette made her way towards the table and stood in front of Felix , who was looking sharp as always .

Marinette never understood why he wore vest and pants in school . His choice of clothing was always very formal and now when she had finally expected to see him dressed in normal clothes there he was wearing the usual again .

It wasn't as if Marinette didn't like seeing him in formal clothing it just felt that they could never be friends and only acquaintances . Though the ravenette had previously never wanted to have a friendship with the blonde but something changed and she didn't know what .

Marinette quietly sat down on the chair in front of him . They were seated near a gigantic window and sunlight filtered through the glass . The sweat on the ravenette's forehead glistened . Her cheeks and ears still carrying a tinge of pink . Carefully tucking a strand of hair behind her ears , the ravenette pulled out her book , only for it to fall down .

Marinette cringed at the loud sound the action made . It was an unusually slow day at the library without many people.  Personally Marinette preferred to sit outside and do her work but she knew that they were going to sit inside .

Marinette looked around the table . There were many referencial books kept on the table for their project . Felix already brought all the books. That was another relief for the guardian as she didn't have to wander around the library trying to search for books .