Chapter Three

Rome

"Is everything okay?" I ask, pointing at her phone. "It will be." She answers vaguely.

"So what were you going to ask me earlier?"

"I was going to ask can I buy you a drink, but I see you have one already." I say nodding at her drink on the bar.

"Boy I'm not drinking that. No offense but I don't know you, and you could've slipped something in my drink." She explained. Who does she think I am, Bill Cosby?

"But if you're still offering me a drink I would love a free one." She giggled. Can she get any finer?

"Damn everybody wanna buy you a drink tonight." Terrell interrupted. I rolled my eyes.

Jordyn rolled her eyes "Please don't mention that entitled prick. Also can I have another rum and coke on him though." She pointed at me, while winking at me. "You got it."

Jordyn then made a face "By the way Terrell where the hell were you when that prick wouldn't leave me alone?" "I have a bar to run." He said with a shrug. "Do you own the bar?" "No my dad does." He stated. "Interesting." Jordyn hummed vaguely.

I casually sip my drink trying to think of a way to start a conversation with her. Since I couldn't think of anything I looked over to Terrell, and nodded my head towards Jordyn. Help me.

Terrell came back with her drink "You don't look so shocked to see Roman." My eyes widen. She started drinking her rum and coke "No, why would I be?" I look at Terrell shaking my head no and signaling for him to stop.

Jordyn looks at me with a raised eyebrow so I quickly stopped. She looks back at Terrell while drinking her drink. Terrell looks at me and smirks, "He's a famous boxer, that's why." I facepalm myself with a huff.

Jordyn looks between the two of us and busts out laughing "Stop playing." We look at her with a straight face. She stopped laughing when she realized we weren't laughing. "Oh y'all serious? That's why Jakes no leg day having ass left so quickly."

Me and Terrell could not hold it together after she made that comment. "Now you didn't have to come for his legs like that." Terrell cackled. Jordyn shrugged her shoulders "It's not my fault his legs are like two drumsticks."

"Now back to your Muhammad Ali head ass -" She took a brief pause to chug the rest of her drink. "Fight like a butterfly sting like a bee head ass. Why didn't you tell me you're a boxer?"

"Because it's nice to meet someone who doesn't know me for a change." I admit while shrugging. "Enough about me though, what is it that you do?"

"Yeah!" Terrell agreed leaning on the counter. "Man don't you have a job to do?" I argued trying to be alone with Jordyn.

"Nope." He stated popping the P. "I do what I want when I want to." Terrell said, popping his imaginary collar.

"Doesn't your dad own this bar?" Jordyn pondered mockingly.

"Don't patronize me. But yes my dad owns it, he's barely here so I can really do what I want." He cockily stated with a confident smirk. Just then Terrells dad, Mr. Antoine, comes up behind him and slaps the back of his head.