Chapter 52

{Operation Liberation}

After Pope left, I put on a jacket and got the only money I had left in my room and started walking down the street in the pouring rain to the shop. I got essentials things for the baby like Vitamins and supplements. The rain had cleared up by the time I reached Greta and Vivian's house, it felt so strange to be back here.

'Viv? Greta? You home?' I call out as I enter the house but there was no comment back. 'Vivian?' I call out for her but there was still no reply. I walk into the kitchen and my eyes widen in fear as I see Rafe Cameron standing right in front of me holding up my pregnant stick. 'I kinda guessed it was you.' He chuckles as I choke on my saliva, fear consumed me. 'So JJ Maybank is going to be a father!' He chuckles wickedly as he slowly begins to walk towards me. 'W..What are you doing here? Where's Vivian and Greta?' I stutter as he grabs hold of my hand stopping me from running. 'Don't worry about them. They went on a little vacation.' Rafe smirks at me. 'Now, I can't have you and your friends messing this all up for my dad and I.' He says with a devilish smirk before he could do anything I raise my hand and send a punch towards his face causing him to fall back on the ground. I took this as my only option to run as fast as I could. I quickly sprint out of the house and down the yard and as I reach the gate I turn around and see Rafe appear outside the front door chasing after me. 'Shit!' I curse as I run down the street. I had no clue where to go the only place I could think of and it was the police station where JJ is heading right now.

As I approach the Police station, Rafe stopped following me a street ago. I could see JJ pull up on his bike dressed up with sunglasses on, his lucky cap on his head and a toothpick in his mouth. 'JJ!' I exclaim as I sprint over to him, his eyes widen in shock at my appearance and immediately opens his arms allowing me in for a hug. 'What are you doing here?' He asks as tears fall down my cheek. 'I..I went to Greta and Vivian's to check on them but they weren't there, JJ.' I stammer and he lets out a sigh. 'R..Rafe was there! He knows it me who's pregnant, he was about to knock me out but I got away. He was chasing me down the street but I lost him. Oh god.' I sob into his chest and I could feel JJ's jaw and fist clench in anger. 'C'mon, you're staying by my side from now on. You can't go anywhere alone, okay?' He says cupping my face in his hands making me face him. 'Okay?' He asks again and I nod. 'I won't let him come anywhere near you again, I promise.' JJ assures me as he strokes my back trying to calm me down.

'Do you want to come in with me or stay here?' He questions looking at the police station. 'I'm coming in.' I reply interlocking our hands as we walk towards the station. As we walk by some officers coming out of the building, JJ pulls his feet together, saluting them. Once their backs are turned, JJ and I give them the middle finger and keep on walking. We both let out a chuckle as we enter the building. I stood behind JJ as he talked to the man at the front desk. 'I'm here to see John B Routledge.' JJ says loudly. 'No music, and get rid of the toothpick.' The man says annoyedly. 'I can't hear what you're saying, man, all right?' JJ laughs. 'These things are on full blast.' He says loudly pointing at his headphones. 'I'm here to see John B Routledge.' JJ repeats in a loud tone. The man glares at me and I simply just smile cheekily back at him. He groans as he makes gestures with his hands for him to take off the headphones and tooth pick. 'Wait. Music?' JJ asks and the officer nods. 'Oh!' JJ says. 'I mean, I thought it was a free country and all, uh, I guess you don't like freedom very much, now do you, cupcake?' He jokes leaning against the counter looking at the officer with a smirk. The officer grabs JJ and pushes him up against the wall as my eyes widen in shock.