Marked For Death.

Laurel

"Stick to the plan."

Those were the last words Harry spoke to Draco and me. He said no matter what happens at Gringotts, we are to stick to the plan.

Draco and I were on our way to the school to regroup with the infamous Gryffindor trio when we nearly got caught by a few death eaters when we landed in Hogsmeade. We didn't know if the two of us were wanted, but we didn't want to risk it.

There was smoke, and fire surrounding the entirety of the castle. Draco clenched my hand tightly when he saw a tear escape my eye.

We noticed that the apparition boundary was down once the battle had begun, so Draco and I apparated onto the grounds into the line of fire. The two of us withdrew our wands and did everything within our power to not only protect ourselves but the others around us as we nearly escaped the action.

"I need to go take care of something," Draco told me with pleading eyes. I shook my head vigorously at his abrupt decision to leave me.

"No," I cried. "You're not leaving me."

"Laurel!" Harry called out once I came into his line of view. "Laurel, come quickly!" He, Ron and Hermione was standing in the middle of a staircase.

"Go with Potter," Draco demanded. "I'll meet you in just a bit. I need to find Crabbe and Goyle. They're—They're here locked up."

"How do you—"

"Natural born legilimens, love. Something our children will inherit." He smiled down at me. I took a deep breath and pressed my lips to his roughly.

"I love you. Don't do anything to get yourself killed, okay?"

"I love you more." He kissed the top of my head and ran off in the direction of the Slytherin common room. I quickly ran over towards Harry when I noticed a death eater using the cruciatus curse on a couple of Gryffindor girls, easily first or second-year students.

Without any hesitation, I fired a killing curse directly at him and killed him instantly, freeing the two girls. They thanked me and ran off to find a safe shelter. With the chaotic state this place is in, I couldn't help but wonder if there was any safe shelter.

"Laurel," Harry said when I reached the group. "Ron and Hermione are going to go destroy this," he raised a golden goblet. I assumed it had to be a Horcrux. "And I need you to go with me to find the last one."

I nodded as Harry handed the two the cup, and ran off with him. "Where are we going?" I asked. He shrugged.

"No idea exactly, but I know it has something to do with Ravenclaw. It's like a crown or something."

"The diadem that Rowena Ravenclaw wears, perhaps?" I asked. "I've seen it. Recently. It was in the room of requirement. I noticed it when Draco, Theo and Grant were in there. It looked like a peculiar item. I couldn't imagine why something so valuable would be in there."

"Let's go then," he said taking my hand and apparating us to the room. Harry and I stood there together hand in hand while he visualized the room with his eyes closed. The door shook slightly due to the attack on the castle and revealed itself. We stepped in and began searching.

"I can hear them," he said. "You search based on where you remember it was, and I'll listen for it." I nodded and we went our separate ways.

It had been moved since I was in here last. I went straight for the spot I saw it before and it was gone.

"Over here!" Harry called. I ran towards the sound of his voice and saw him holding it in his hand when someone cast a stunning spell at his hand, causing the trinket to go flying across the room.