Weak.

Laurel

It was finally time for lunch and I couldn't be any more grateful to get out of History Of Magic. I've never received a failing grade in the class surprisingly but that's probably because Binns always falls asleep while grading papers and forgets last minute so everyone passes. Some of my best naps take place during his lectures.

I hadn't even stepped foot out of the charms classroom when I overheard someone gossiping about Grant. I rolled my eyes unamused that he's the center of the schools rumor mill.. That is until I heard the rumor was that Draco punched him in the face.

By the time I had reached the Great Hall I had heard a handful of variations of the story. From he did it because Grant scuffing up his shoes to Grant was flirting with Pansy and Draco got jealous and unleashed his wrath.

I think Pansy made up that one up herself.

I entered the Great Hall scanned the Slytherin table for Draco, marching towards him once my eyes landed on his platinum blonde locks.

He gulped nervously when he spotted me. I had wondered what I would say to him from the moment I heard the first rumor. I even had an entire speech prepared, but it completely fled my mind the second I opened my mouth.

"Draco Malfoy!" I yelled as I stormed in the direction of the blonde. He stood up and wiped that nervous look off of his face and replaced it with a flirty one.

"You look so good when you're angry, love." He said cooly. I walked right into that one.

"Come with me." I said grabbing his hand, yanking him off of the bench.

"You're the dom today? I thought it was my turn, but alright." He joked. Other Slytherins, including Theo, joined his laughter but quickly stopped when I shot a glare at him.

I pulled him with me into the nearest empty classroom, and slammed the door behind me. "What on earth were you—" I was cut off by him grabbing both sides of my face, pulling me in for a kiss. For a moment, I gave into him. He had me wrapped around his finger, but I snapped out of it and smacked the back of his precious head.

"Ow, what was that for?"

"Oh, what's wrong? Don't like being hit for no reason? I'm sure that's how Grant felt earlier too!" He scoffed. "What were you thinking, Draco? What happened?" I needed to know what was going on in his head, and better yet, needed to know what he knew, if Theo said something to him or not.

I couldn't help but fear that this was caused because Theo opened his mouth and told Draco about Grant grabbing me the way he did last night.

Or worse, the entire conversation we had.

"Don't turn this on me. You lied to me, again, Laurel. You said he was your friends ex, but turns out, he's yours. He moved here to be with you, didn't he?"

"I—" I couldn't find the words to explain this away.

"Don't speak unless it's going to be the bloody truth this time. I will find out why he's after you."

"You won't understand. You'll hate me."

"Try me."

*Flashback: Two Years Ago*

Grant and I were spending our free period together on the balcony outside of our charms class, overlooking the castle grounds when he snaked one of his arms around my waist. "I don't think I'll ever get tired of this, babe." He spoke. Grant was everything I could ever want, or so I thought.

"Grant, we're fifteen. There's still time for you to change your mind about me." I reminded him.

He scoffed.

"You are the one for me, El. We will be together, you'll see." He said and leaned forward to kiss me.

"Grant," The high-pitched voice of Carolyn Evans chirped at my boyfriend. "What on earth are you doing with that mudblood?" Even at Ilvermorny, there were still some students who still desperately cared about blood status.

No one believed me when I told them that my father was a pureblood wizard. They all said the same thing. "A pureblood would never mingle with a no-maj."

So they called me a mudblood.

"I um," He began. I turned to him.

"Don't just stand there, tell her." I nudged him. His face froze as he pondered on his next move.

He quickly shoved me away. "Get the fuck away from me before you contaminate me with your dirty blood." He turned to Carolyn and walked over to her.

"That filthy bitch violated me, babe." He said disgusted. Carolyn turned to me and smirked before linking her arm around his and walking away with the first boy, the only boy I had ever loved.

*End Of Flashback*

"Draco, I promise I'll tell you...I just, I can't right now, I'm sorry." I stood up and exited the room leaving Draco alone, and curious. I was too embarrassed to tell him the truth. I just got him back, I was too worried he'd leave me again after realizing how much of a joke I am. How I neglected to fight for what was mine.

Fuck, I'm such a pussy.