'Shit.' I grunt as I crawl through the small drain. I was trying my best not to breathe in the smell of waste. 'Jackie, you find anything yet?' Kie asks me as her voice echoes through the drain. 'Nothing.' I sigh. 'It's probably at the bottom of the catch basin.' Pope states as I furrow my eyebrows in confusion at his words. I groan as I pull myself under where the drain fell through. The water had gone up to my waist now. I scavenge my hands through the water to see if the gun was there. All of a sudden, my hands grasp onto something. 'Guys, I think I found something.' I announce. 'Ugh, gross.' I try to stop myself from vomiting. 'Wait, you got it?' JJs voice echos through the drain. 'JJ! JJ! Oh my God!' I start to scream and panic as I look at the dead rat in my hand. I immediately throw it away and start to panic. 'Jackie? Jackie? Are you okay?' JJ asks panicking. 'You guys, there's a dead rat in here!' I scream. 'Jackie, don't touch it. That's how you get worms.' JJ states and I roll my eyes. 'Did you find the gun? Is it Gavin?' Pope asks and I sigh. 'Not yet. You owe me for this.' I say as I take a few deep breaths before closing my eyes and place my hands back in the water in search for the gun.

My hands grasp onto something this time I could feel it was metal. Before I could tell the others, the water starts to rumble and begins to start rising. I put the gun in the waistband of my shorts as my eyes widen in fear. 'Oh, shit.' I panic. 'JJ?' I yell. 'JJ, the water!' I scream. 'Jackie, get the hell out of there now!' I could hear JJ yell in worry. 'I don't have time!' I shout back as I pull myself up the ladder and hold on tightly to it as the water rushes towards me. I start pushing against the sewer drain at the top.

Moments later. JJ, Kie and Pope are above trying to pull the top open. 'Pull it! Pull it!' I cry out as the boys struggle to open it. 'JJ! Please, get me out of here!' I scream. I never thought out of all the possible ways for me to die, drowning wasn't one of them. 'I'm going to get you out of there, Jackie! Hang on!' JJ grunts as he pulls harder on the top. 'Come on! It's okay!' JJ grunts trying to sound calm but I could tell they were all freaking out. The water was at my chin and I took in the biggest deep breath before closing my mouth and my head goes underwater.

It felt like minutes before the drain was lifted and I was immediately pulled out. I push myself up onto my knees, coughing up all the water I had intake. 'Jackie, are you okay?' JJ asks letting me catch my breath before kneeling down beside me and pulls me closer to him. He sighs in relief as he strokes his hands through my hair to try calm me.

'This wasn't what we were looking for, right?' I ask pretending to be clueless as I take out the gun and lift it up. JJ, Kie and Pope's face light up and we all start laughing. 'Holy shit.' JJ sighs as he takes the gun off me and examines it. 'We're gonna get this son of a bitch, man.' JJ exclaims as we all laugh. 'You did it, Jackie. You did it.' JJ says excitedly as we look at each other, a proud smile is plastered across his face and I couldn't help put blush at the moment. We all pull in for a group hug. 'Jeez, Jackie. You stink!' Kie mocks and I roll my eyes. 'Let's get this to Shoupe.' Pope says as we pull away from the hug. 'Can I at least shower first?' I ask and they all burst out laughing. 'Yeah, we'll meet later on to go to the police station. You want to shower at the Chateau?' JJ asks me and I sigh before nodding.

***

After JJ and I arrive back at the Chateau while Pope and Kie went home for a while, I immediately hopped in for a warm shower while JJ cooked us some food. 'The place looks good. You done it up good.' I say as I admire the new painted walls and furniture. 'How did you afford all this new furniture?' I ask him as he flips the pancakes. 'Sold some belongings of mine and did a few jobs for people so I could afford it.' He answers and a smile appears on my face.

'Thank you, JJ. It feels cozy now.' I say sheepishly as I sit down on the couch. 'Got the wifi going and everything.' He says proudly as he sits down beside me with a plate of pancakes. 'I wish I was here to help.' I sigh as I look away from him. 'Hey..' he says softly as he places his hand under my chin and moves my face to face him again. 'The last month has been hard on us all, don't take it out on yourself, Jackie.' He says. 'After all, I was the one that ended it.' He sighs glancing down on the ground and I sigh as well.

'I'm just glad we're all back talking and that John b and Sarah are alive. It looks like everything is looking up for us again.' I mutter as a smile appears on my face. 'Yeah..' he whispers as he looks me in the eye. I notice his eyes glance down towards my lips and my cheeks burn bright red as I feel the room becoming hot. 'JJ..' I whisper as we slowly pulls our faces closer together. 'Jackie..' he says softly as our faces are now inches apart. 'I missed you.' I say sheepishly as a faint smile appears on his face. 'I missed you too, Jackalope.' He replies as I light chuckle escapes my mouth. 'I...Why do I want to kiss you right now?' I ask and he sighs. 'I do too.' He replies. 'What's stopping you?' I ask and he glances at me as he places his hands on my cheek. 'Nothing.' He whispers before crashing his lips onto mine.

I've missed this feeling. The feeling of love. I haven't felt this way in a month and I've missed it. I missed his smile, his touch, his hair, his eyes, his lips, I missed every single thing about him. I miss the way we used to be and I so badly crave for it once again. I want nothing more than to be his again and for him to be mine. 'I'm sorry..' He says as he pulls away and my eyes widen in shock. 'No, I'm sorry. I know it's been complicated lately and this is just going to times it more.' I nervously chuckle. 'I just want you to know that I still love you JJ. I never stopped and I'll never will either. I will says this a million times, you're the only one for me, JJ. I don't care what happened in the past, all I care about now is the present and I want nothing more for you to be my present.' I say softly as his cheeks begin to burn bright red.

'I want you to be my present too.' He replies before crashing his lips onto mine once again. 'What does this mean now for us?' He asks between our kiss. 'Are we together again?' He asks furrowing his eyebrows as he pulls away from our kiss again and I chuckle. 'Well, what do you think?' I ask him and he smiles at me. 'Will you be my girlfriend, Jackie Routledge? Again!' He exclaims and I chuckle as I nod in confirmation. 'Yes, yes, yes.' I exclaim as I cup his face in my hands and kiss him on the cheek, forehead and then lips. 'It will always be you and I, JJ. Forever.' I whisper. 'Forever.' He replies before kissing me once again.

With all my strength, I push JJ up against the seat as I climb over him and place both of my legs either side of him and begin grinding on him as he trails kisses up my neck until our lips meet again. 'Are you sure?' He pulls away and looks me in the eyes and I nod in confirmation. 'More than anything.' I say before crashing my lips on his and the rest was history. It was just him and I, body against body and I loved ever second of it.

To Be Continued...