Thirty Two

Payton

My sleep was interrupted by someone placing kisses all over my face. At first I thought it was Emma but soon realized that it was our 5 year old Angel. Her giggling gave her away.

Her : Mama wake up.

Me : I am up baby, what's wrong?

Her : It's Friday.

Me : Okay baby

I pretended not to have a clue and I could see the disappointment in her face. She tilt her head on the side and pouted as her eyes began to water.

Her : You forgot mama?

Me : Of course not baby. You know Mama never forgets.

Friday nights are reserved for Family. We build a fort and kids get to eat all the junk food they want and then choose two movies they want to watch. Usually they never finish the second one which always happen to be finding Nemo. I don't know about Emma but our kid's choice in movies suck. We always watching Frozen or Finding Nemo. The amount of time I watched both these movies, I can recite every line.

It's something we did so I can spend time with the kids and just get to know them. They all were accepting of Emma and I's relationship and welcomed me in their home which by the way we moved out off soon after we got married. I just didn't feel okay with the fact that I was in another woman's house. It really didn't take much for everyone to agree to moving granted everything that happened in this house.

Alex and Hope moved to California after they graduated high school. Em and I decided to get them a condo close to their campus. I just didn't want them to stay in the dorms. I was once a student and let me tell you shit happens in the dorms. I know we can't stop them from exploring but there's less pressure in the Condo.

Kayla and Kaylee just turned 3 and are attached to each other's hips. They identical but very different. Kayla is shy and quite while Kaylee is the social butterfly, She can rumble all day long but very protective of her twin. I had tested their IQs and Kayla's is higher than Kaylee's but it isn't a problem.

Emma came in as Angel was busy playing with my hair while she laid her head on my chest sucking her thumb. Good thing we never sleep naked. Our children only knock once and just walk in without waiting for us to respond.

Em : Angel what did I say about the thumb?

Angel quickly removed her thumb and pouted her lip quivers a bit indicating she's about to cry a stream and I'm not ready to deal with a tantrum this morning.

Me : Baby go check on your sisters for me okay?

She nodded and left.

Em : You spoil them too much no wander they never listen.

Me : Come on and stop being too strict on her, she's a kid Emma she'll grow out of it as time goes by.

I stood up and went to take a shower.

Emma

My life is perfect. Great even but then there's that space only one person can fill. Don't get me wrong I love Payton with my whole heart, but I also love Kate wherever she is. She was my first love and will remain so til I die. Yes she has hurt me and I feel like a fool for loving her still but then again there's nothing I can do with my feelings.

One thing I have been hiding from Peyton is that I've hired a PI to locate Kate. One thing I love about Pey is her selfishness. Though she's raising my kids as her own but she made sure they know who Kate is in their lives. She only says great things about her even though Kate messed up big time but in her Kid's eyes she'll remain their mother.

Pey got her tubes tied after she had a still born when we met. She says she doesn't wanna go through that experience ever again. She is just happy to parent my kids whom she refers as her own and I have never been grateful.

The only problem we have is that she's too lenient and the kids use that to their advantage. We all know children are manipulative monsters. At first I thought she was just giving in to them because she wanted them to accept her but I later found out that's just her nature. She's a yes person.

After she left me and went to the bathroom I walked down to finish making breakfast and feeding the kids.

Kate

Finally a week to go and I'm free. It took me three fucken long years but I made it out. The only thing I'm taking out of this place is that live life to the fullest and surround yourself with people who love you. I miss my kids and Emma. I know they angry and that Em moved on but I want my family back.