Twenty One

Emma

Here I am sitting in one of my bars when I should be home with my wife and children. I don't know why but I have every right to believe that Ben has a hand in this. He suddenly makes his presence known then my daughter mysteriously disappears. I will be finding my daughter either way. Asshole just messed with the wrong family.

As much as I never wanted to meet up with this person ever, The current situation kinda push me too. This is a part of my life I would rather like to keep hidden. I saw as the woman made her way towards my table. I guess this is it. Leah is finally here and there's no way to avoid her. My hatred for her needs to be put aside for my daughter. Leah is the only person I know who can save Faith right now. I watch as she sits in front of me.

Leah : Emma.

Me : Leah.

A sigh left her lips.

Her : Okay Emma, why am I here?

Me : I need your help.

Her : Of course you do. That's all I'll ever be good for you.

She goes to stand up to leave but I grab her wrist before she could go any further.

Me : Look Leah, I know given our histroy track record, you have every right not to help me and I'm not going force you too. But my daughter needs your help. I need your help Leah.

She looks at me for a while before deciding to take a sit again.

Her : Why me? Why my help Emma?

Me : You got the money and resources needed to find my daughter.

Leah : Let's get real Emma. You also got the money. Why am I here Emma? You made it clear to me that I'm not needed in your life. You said you didn't want me near your children and wife and suddenly now that the tables have turned I'm needed? Why should I help you?

Me : You know why Leah! You owe me that much.

Her : That's where you got it so wrong Emma. I owe you nothing, I did everything in my power to help you even when your mother decided to leave. I looked for you and got you out of messy situations Emma! I was fucken there and when you finally got your way, you decided I wasn't worthy enough to be in your life and I respected that. I left you the hell alone.

Me : I was young Leah! You didn't fight enough for me that's why you lost me. I wouldn't have been caught in those messy situations if you weren't a screw up okay. Look I need your help finding my daughter but if you not willing to help then that's fine. I'll do it by myself.

I stood up and made my way out of the bar. With the footsteps behind, I could tell she followed me outside.

Her : Of course the classic Emma move. If it gets too hot, stand up and leave. You don't get it do you?

Me : What!?

Her : You can't always do shit by yourself. You need people around Emma. You need family.

Me : I made it this far without you and I can go further.

Her : We both know that's a lie. You wouldn't even be here without me. I made you.

I left Leah standing and drove off. I made my way to my home and got in bed beside Kate, my wife. Yes I know we not in good terms but she needed to be comforted. Seeing as she's tossing and turning. I pulled her into me and she immediately attached herself. Her body relaxed into mine and mine also relaxed into hers. I guess I needed to be some comfort too.

Ben

I was summoned at the police station. But before that I sent my daughter to her mother's place. I know it will raise questions but I have a perfect story to go with. I'm just hoping I'll be questioned for maybe harassing Kate at school but that was just an impulsive move. I had gone there to originally apologise for the hurt I caused her but then I got there and lost all my shit.