Nineteen

Kate

After we conducted the search, we still didn't manage to get the culprit. We did the search while classes were still in progress so that we don't alert whoever brings this shit in. But it seems they were a step ahead. We didn't get any drugs in the lockers but we found them abandoned by the trash cans and some stashed in the toilets. We can't hold anyone responsible.

The board members are just pilling up  to the problem. Instead of helping the situation, they blaming it on me. Apparently this is happening because I'm a woman. I mean they so hell bent on not taking orders from a woman. My day couldn't get any better. I let out a very tired sigh looking at the clock. I need to head home for therapy session.

Since Em moved out and decided on divorcing I told her I only had one condition before I sign those papers and that was for us to attend a couple's therapy with one of our most trusted marriage councillor. I just hope for the best in this situation. A kmock came through as I was sorting out the school's budget.

I stood up and made my way to unlock the door. Locking the door just became a thing after Em decided to surprise me with lunch one day and that lead to us fulfilling one of Emma's fantasies, just after the act my assistant just barged in, luckily for her we were decent but had she came in a minute earlier she would have ruined our moment. So from then I just lock my office whenever I get in.

Opening the door I instantly wishes I hadn't. My jaw almost touched the floor as shock ran through me. Suddenly I felt myself being suffocated. My office became small for me to hide. I tried closing the door but the person had more power than me. I almost fell as I lost balance. I quickly went to the other side of the room just to be feet away from this monster.

Me : What are you doing here!?

There in the middle stood Ben with a smirk playing on his face, he stood there with so much confidence it made my stomach turn. Soon after I asked him that question, his smirk fell off and was soon replaced with anger.

Him : Kate, Kate , Kate. You haven't aged a bit. Still hot as hell! I don't mind though. Heard you married a what again? Wife or Husband??

As shaken as I was, I was trying not to show him. I can't let him feed of my weakness. I'm sure my hands were shaking.

Me : That's non of your business Ben! What do you want? I'm calling the cops.

He came closer to me wrapping his hand on my throat. As much as I tried to fight him off, he was stronger.

Him : I see you haven't changed. I came here thinging you had come to your senses but it seems not. You not even sorry.

He let me go. My throat was suddenly dry. I'm sure he left a bruise. I coughed gasping for air as he continued.

Him : I loved you Kate. I did and what did I get in return? An ungrateful bitch. You fucken murdered my child and made my parents disown me. You took everything from me. You fucken ruined my life!

I tried reaching for my phone but he grabbed it and smashed it on the wall.

Him : I just came here to tell you I forgive you. I forgive you for killing our child, I forgive you for making my parents turn their backs on me. I hope non of that happens to you. It would be sad indeed.

He then walked out. I went and quickly locked the door after him.

Emma

Kate was supposed to be here an hour ago. I swear if this is one of her game to make me pull back about the divorce then she's failing miserably. How the fuck is she fixing her mess if she can't even show up for an appointment she forced me into? That makes absolutely no sense. I kept trying her phone but it took me straight to voicemail.