sixty-four: condition terminal

Start from the beginning

༺❀༻

"Did you get in to see Lydia?" Scott asked as Stiles and Kennedy came up the stairs with Malia close behind.

"No. We tried using my free period but she's still in the ICU and no one outside family is allowed in." Stiles explained. Kennnedy nodded, running a hand through her hair.

Malia holds up a large book, "We got one thing." She said as she opened the front page reading Bestiary on the front

"Anything in here about half-werewolves, half-Kanimas?" Kira asks, flipping through the pages.

"The Chimera." Scott mumbled.

Stiles looks over, "Um, what?"

Kennedy looks over, "Chimera. It's a creature made of incongruous parts." She explained, everyone slowly turned to look at her. "I took AP Bio last year. I remember."

"Liam said he found two burial sites, which means Tracy's not the only one." Scott explained to them.

"Who's the second Chimera?" Asked Kira.

Stiles adds on, "And why would they bury them?" Kennedy raises a brow, unsure.

"Deaton thinks it's part of their process." Scott explained.

"The people in masks." Malia said quietly. Kennedy looks over, knowing she was right.

༺❀༻

Kennedy, Malia, and Stiles all were reading through pages and pages. At least, until Stiles fell asleep. Malia watched her pen clicking back and forth. It reminded her of the needle. Kennedy flipped through a page of her book, talking about the Beast of Geavaudan. She smiled softly, a memory grazing her mind,

Fifteen year old Lydia Martin placed her fork down, "The what of who?" She asked again.

"The Beast of Gevaudan." Allison chirpped,  "Listen." Then Kennedy Stallard ate her salad, watching as Allison leans over. "A quadruped wolf-like monster, prowling the Auvergne and south Dordogne areas of France during the year 1764 to 1767. La Bete killed over a hundred people, becoming so infamous that the King Louie the 15th sent one of his best hunters to try and kill it." Allison read aloud from the book in her hands.

Lydia shrugged, "Boring."

"Even the church eventually declared the monster a messenger of Satan."

Lydia hummed, looking at Kennedy. "Still boring." Kennedy shrugged, not sure what the point of the whole thing was.

"Cryptozoologists believe it may have been a subspecies of hoofed predator, possibly a mesonychid."

"Slipping into a coma bored." Huffed Lydia.

Allison continued to read. "While others believe it was a powerful sorcerer who could shape - shift into a man-eating monster."

Kennedy pursed her lips, placing her fork down. "Okay, I have to ask." Allison looked up from her book. "What does any of this have to do with your family?"