For Him...?? (Chapter - 21)

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I am actually here to ask u about the same, I think we should ask Vandana aunty before deciding to prepare for the ritual, u know it's better to take her permission, she is the elder one," She said..... But y is she asking all this when she knows mom is modern and doesn't care about all this much.....

"Saanvi, mom doesn't mind even if u don't make anything, if she did, she would have told u about the ritual herself, so relax, she won't mind even if u don't ask her....." I said assuring her... She still seemed unsure but nodded for my sake...

"Saanvi, relax... Don't get so worked up... Okay  ?? Everything will go fine, acha need some help with the cooking  ??" I asked and she smiled...

"I would have definitely taken your help as u r an expert but unfortunately I can't, I should prepare this alone," She said....

"That's okay, I can help my wife..... Anyways it's just us in the house, no one will get to know, not that I mind if someone gets to know that I helped my wife, in fact, I would be proud, now come let's start" I said dragging her gently towards the kitchen.... She tried to argue but I didn't let her.....

Saanvika's POV

Vihaan offered to help and I am surprised because I didn't expect my husband to help me in the kitchen, to be honest, I didn't even wish for it because I was taught that the kitchen is for women, I mean I don't agree with it but most men I have seen are like that. Papa used to cook sometimes when ma was down with fever or sick or in periods, Ranjit chachu too cooks sometimes, in fact, most of my paternal uncles do cook but only when my aunts get periods because, in our families, women sit in a different room and do not mix in home those three days, this is another practice that's followed in my family. So men had to cook that time, except for those three days, they never enter the kitchen when women are available so when Vihaan offered help, I am surprised. 

He said he wouldn't mind if people get to know that he helped me, but I can imagine my family's reaction if they get to know about it, they would be horrified...... I chuckled imagining their reactions and Vihaan stared at me weirdly.... oh no.... he must be thinking I have gone crazy......

"I'm not crazy, it's just I'm imagining my family's reaction when they get to know that their son-in-law helped me with my 'pehli rasoi'.......", I clarified and he chuckled..... ahh his smile..... 

"Don't worry, they'll get used to it soon", He said, wait what does he mean ?? Is he gonna help me often ?? I stopped thinking and started with work...

Vihaan asked me what I wanted to cook and I told him that I wanted to make gulab jamun for him and Ayan and Gajar ka halwa for Dad and Vandana aunty...... before marriage I asked Vihaan about their likes and learned to make the same as I don't know much about cooking...

He took out the ingredients and I started peeling the carrots, Vihaan started mixing the Gulab Jamun powder as well..... Oh god, he is so good at this...

"Vihaan what if aunty or anyone recognizes the taste because u r helping ??" I asked him.....

He laughed and said "u don't have to worry, they never tasted my food" wait what ?? He never cooked for them..... which is shocking..... "I learned cooking when I went to the states for my PG, I stayed for 5-6 years there but after I came back, I immediately started working and with my busy schedule, I never got time to make food for my family, but even though I wanted to, I know mom wouldn't let me..." He said while making the dough into small balls..... he is so perfect, he is doing everything like a professional...

Finally, after 45 minutes, we are done with the cooking...... and only because of Vihaan, we are done with this so early...... otherwise if I'm the only one, it would have taken me two hours.....