Treasure (ATZLix)

Start from the beginning

Trusting their unexpected rescuers to handle the rest of the situation, the omega instantly rushed to the empty classroom where the two kind alphas had guided his precious friend.

"Felix!"

He was there, safe and sound, but he was clearly disassociating. Seonghwa and Wooyoung were holding his hands and tentatively patting his cheeks in an attempt to bring him out of this dangerous headspace, to no avail – Felix was already too far gone.

But Hongjoong knew exactly what to do.

"Lixie? It's me," he called softly, coming to crouch before the freckled boy. The alphas moved away to give them some space, and he cradled Felix's face. "It's okay. You're safe now. He can't hurt you anymore."

As he spoke, he tore off one of his scent blockers, thus allowing some of his natural jasmine scent to slowly engulf the boy. They'd quickly found out that, though the boy's mind was completely out of synch with his body and senses, his sense of smell still worked well enough for him to recognize scents to an instinctive level. 

In a matter of seconds, the glazed expression Felix had been sporting faded away as his mind came back into focus. When he finally blinked a few times, Hongjoong smiled softly.

"Hi, Lixie."

"Joong..."

His voice was but a whisper, hoarse and broken from the lack of use, but hearing it always managed to make him happy. However, said happiness didn't last for long as fat tears started rolling down Felix's cheeks.

"Oh, baby. Come here."

With a sob, Felix wrapped his arms around Hongjoong's neck and the older rose to his feet, the freckled omega quickly wrapping his legs around his waist and clinging to him as if his life depended on it. Hongjoong started gently rubbing his back as Felix sobbed in the crook of his neck, inhaling more of his scent to try and calm down, but failing miserably.

The most heartbreaking however was, without a doubt, the strangled, somewhat unintelligible "I'm sorry" Felix kept on repeating over and over.

"Shh, you're okay, Lix, it's okay," assured the silver-haired omega. "You didn't do anything wrong, it's okay."

It took him a few minutes, but he eventually managed to calm Felix down – well, that and the exhaustion finally caught up to the freckled boy, who eventually fell asleep in his arms. Hongjoong let out a soft sigh as he felt Felix finally relax, relieved the episode hadn't lasted half-as-long as it could have.

"Is he alright...?"

Hongjoong almost jumped, snapping his head to the side of the classroom where the ATEEZ pack was now all gathered. He'd completely forgotten about them in his haste to comfort Felix, and he couldn't help but feel a little flustered – Felix's episodes were a very personal and intimate matter, so having an audience wasn't ideal for him or for Hongjoong, even if they liked ATEEZ well enough.

(That was a lie. They didn't just like ATEEZ – they had the fattest crush on the pack but they'd long since agreed to keep their mouths shut about it, knowing most packs their size didn't want to bother with two omegas and, well, Hongjoong and Felix were kind of a package deal.)

"He'll be fine," eventually answered Hongjoong, offering them a tentative smile. "Thank you, for interfering. Most packs on campus are too scared to confront them, so we really appreciate it."

"Those assholes had it coming," huffed Mingi, crossing his arms over his chest. "They shouldn't harass you just because of your subgenders – or harass anyone, for that matter."