Leaving

Penelope:

Today is the day. I can no longer take anymore of this. We have strayed away from each other for too long now. I know I can be independent on my own, I know I can get along without Dylan. I know I'll be fine. Yet, I'm telling myself that i'll be fine and assuring myself it'll be alright. I don't feel as confident as i'm acting.

 My bags were packed, and my best friend Zoe was coming to pick me up and I was going to move in with her. I was already seventeen, and Zoe and Dylan are eighteen. I don't really know why I stayed with Dylan, he was known through our school as the top player of all players.

But then I came around and Mr. Player was no more. All of the girls hated me because Dylan fell in love with me. No one knew why, and neither did I. But I had a feeling this would happen. Our worlds were just too different.

A popular player who has dated girl after girl could have anyone, but instead chose me. A shy quiet girl who gets made fun of by his friends would normally would stay alone. The girls at my school who dated Dylan looked like whores who caked on the make-up.

Three shades of eye shadow, two applies of mascara, dark black lines under their eyes created by eyeliner. Then there was the foundation. After gym, their clothes would be full of it. The chances I had with Dylan were small, but we stayed happy together for a year and two months. I bet he feels  the same way too.

Dylan:

She's finally leaving. I never wanted to hear, say, or think those words. I love Penelope more than she knows it. That's why I don't understand why she's leaving. For the past month, Penelope has been treating me like i'm a stranger.

 She won't talk to me, won't kiss me, won't hug me... I thought she loved me too. I don't believe she hates me, I don't know why she's acting this way. I don't want her to leave, she's not like the other girls. Her sweet smile, that isn't faked.

Her laugh, that isn't forced. Her big eyes, that are natural. Her silky hair, that is natural. Everything about her is different. She isn't fake, she's real. I guess that's what I've been looking for this whole time. The day she first walked into our classroom, she was a target for my friends and the rest of the girls.

She tried to stay unnoticed, but one of the fake bitches had to stick out her foot and trip her. Everyone laughed but me. In fact I was sickened. I got up and helped Penelope up. She almost jumped away as if I was going to shove her or hurt her like they did.

 The minute I saw Penelope I loved everything about her. Mostly her big bambi eyes that seemed to hide something. She had scraped her knee so I took her to the nurse. Penelope tried to look away and tried to hide her embarassment but I saw.

 It just made me fall for her even more. That was actually, where I had first kissed her. That was also the day I told her I wanted to be with her, to protect her from everyone else. Ever since then, we had been together.

Penelope:

Don't get me wrong, I love Dylan. I just think that it would be better for both of us to be away. Maybe now Dylan's friends will stop teasing him about dating me, and maybe now the popular bitches will stop trying to beat me up.

Every time I had to have Zoe save me. She told me to never leave her side around school, and never stay after without her. I live in fear everyday that I could either be hurt seriously where I need to go to the hospital, or even killed.

I wish I could stay with him until the ends of time. Forever and ever. But destiny won't allow it. Destiny has tried to pull us apart for the last year and two months we've been together. I guess Dylan belongs with someone else. I'm not sure about me. My looks and my personality won't get me far, that's all I know.

Narration (by me):

Penelope picked up her two small bags she had. Zoe was waiting outside, in her car for Penelope to come out. She tried to walk as fast as she could past Dylan, who had a sad look on his face and his hands stuffed in his pockets.

Penelope was sad to, but she knew she was ready. Just when she thought she had made it without any glances, she reached for the doorknob but was yanked back. Dylan spun her around and kissed her gently on the lips. Penelope kissed him back, because it was the last time she'd ever get to kiss him.

One hand of his held her close, while the other entangled in her silky, wavy, black hair. She pulled away from him, and didn't look at him. She was afraid that she would burst out crying. She ran to the door and swung it open. She saw Zoe looking impatiently from her small car. She swallowed and forced her voice out.

"Goodbye, Dylan." She said with what strenght she had left. She ran out to Zoe's car and got in. Dylan went to the doorway and watched the car drive off.

"Goodbye, Penelope." Dylan said and slowly closed the door.

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

So this is the first chapter, please comment what you think. This is losely based on the song "After All That, It's Come to This" if you've ever heard it. Please Vote and maybe even become a fan. <3 Until next time. :D