A date (Part 1)

(Ooh not a rewrite but a whole new chapter!)

Glynda was sitting at her desk at Beacon when there is a sudden knock on her door.

Glynda: Come in.

YN then walks in.

YN: So, how are you doing?

Glynda: I'm busy.

YN: Do you think that you'll be busy later today?

Glynda: Why, what did you have in mind?

YN: (pulls out rose) I was wondering if you'd like to go on a date with me?

Glynda: Where to?

YN: To one of the best sushi places on Remnant. A friend of mine owns it.

Glynda: You have friends? Wait, sorry, that was rude. It's just that you've been here for around a month and you have spent most of your time here at Beacon.

YN: That was a bit rude, but yes, I have friends outside of Beacon. I'll admit that I don't have many friends, but I do have some friends, primarily through families that I knew or were in some way related to in some way.

Glynda: What do you mean?

YN: I'm related to a lot of people, some of them even attend Beacon. I am a ancestor to three, and a direct ancestor to four. I even have an illegitimate son kicking around somewhere. He's a disappointment though.

Glynda: How?

YN: I've been alive for almost eleven hundred years, and I have had about that many "partners" during that time.

Glynda: so which students are your descendants and who is your son?

YN: I'll tell you over dinner if you agree to the date.

Glynda: Sure, why not.

YN: Wonderful, I'll set the reservation for 7:00.

Glynda: I'm looking forward to it. Oh is there a dress code?

YN: There is indeed, I'd advise you to wear that blue cocktail dress that I got you a while back.

Glynda: Wonderful, I was looking for an excuse to wear that! Oh and what will you be wearing?

YN: I'll be wearing my mess uniform, I haven't worn one to a dinner in around six hundred years. I'll also hire a chauffeur for the evening.

Glynda: Is the place really that fancy?

YN: It is one of the most exclusive restaurants on Remnant, you'd normally have to book a year in advance to get on the waitlist. The old motto of the sister restaurant, the more casual of the two, was "si servos non habetis, non estis", if you don't have servants, you don't belong.

Glynda: Sounds a bit snobbish.

YN: It is a tad.

Time skip to the restaurant

Glynda: Well, it is a beautiful building

It is at this point when a man in a blue silk kimono goes up to YN and gives him an overly zealous handshake.

William: It's been far too long my friend, far too long.

YN: Yes it has my friend. Glynda, I'd like you to meet William Klar.

William: It is a pleasure to meet you Ms Goodwitch! A pleasure indeed. Allow me to show you to your table.

The three of them then walk inside the restaurant and Glynda is shocked by how lavishly the guests are dressed.