91. Maybe

"Taehyung, put me down!" I yelled, as he flew closer to the palace. Never had I been carried by the dragons, and it was terrifying. Taehyung wouldn't let me fall, I knew that. But it didn't make it any less scary.

He gently placed me on the ground, landing beside me. I stood up. stumbling. I glared at him as he morphed and started wearing his clothes.

"Come with me," he said. I flinched at his tone. He grabbed me by my arm and pulled me inside the palace. I opened my mouth to protest, but he spoke up. "Shut it. You'll make it worse."

I didn't attempt to talk again. The bond was pushing him to do stuff he didn't want to do, and he was fighting it.

"Tae- Nighter? What are you doing here?" Seokjin asked in surprise. "Taehyung, stop."

I stayed quiet, not knowing how to answer the question. Taehyung stopped walking and looked at Seokjin. He released my arm, and breathed heavily. "I don't know what to do," he said.

"I'm sorry," I muttered, knowing it was my fault that he had to mentally fight himself and the bond. "I-I won't do it again."

"It's not your fault. We pushed you to that point," he said. He let out a frustrated sigh. I flinched in shock when he wrapped his arms around my waist and buried his face in my neck. I didn't hug him back and kept my hands by my side. Taking that as his cue to leave, Seokjin walked off, dragging along Jimin, who was walking towards us with a smile. "Please just... Give us one more chance. One last chance. If you still want to leave, we will reject you. I promise."

"I-I'll have to think about it," I replied. He was trying to hold back his anger. "You won't do anything to him, right?"

"No," he whispered. "Not unless he pulls something like that again."

"I initiated it. It was my fault. We were caught in the moment," I reasoned. I knew the others would be informed. They had to be. The last thing I needed was for them to go after Xylok. Fortunately, they didn't know his name or what he looks like. I doubted that Taehyung got a good look at him in the dark. "So be mad at me as well."

"So do you want us to keep you locked up in the palace?" he asked, a dry chuckle escaping his lips. He pulled away. "I won't tell them."

I looked at him in shock. "You won't?" I asked.

"I'll tell them after the break. Seokjin will ask questions, Jimin will prod at my mind, but I won't let them know until you're back," he said. "But... four days. You have to come back here after four days."

"Do you really trust me to be out of supervision?" I asked.

"You need to clear things up with him, don't you? He left, but he also came back. Talk to him. But please, keep it as friends for now," he said, taking my hands. He didn't look at me. "We'll wait for you."

-

"So... you kissed," Lana stated, once I narrated the evening's events. "You just met him."

"I know, but I had a good feeling about him. I was attracted to him, and it was obviously mutual," I said. "I don't know, Lana. Maybe I just hate the idea of having soulmates. If I gave them a chance while having an open mind about it, maybe I would like them as well. "

"Don't say that. What they did to you, their mindsets are not good. People don't change easily. If they have changed. They will show it. If they realized that they needed to change their ways after the breakdown they pushed you to have, then what do you think will happen the next time there's an argument?" Lana asked, rhetorically. "Of course, you are also at fault in this relationship. You did treat them harshly from the start and with a closed mind, but the way you behaved was to protect yourself from them. And it is clearly justified if you consider how they have treated you."

"They only treated me like this because I treated them like that. It is my fault. If I had been ready for mates by the time I met them, maybe-" I started, btu she cut me off.

"These 'maybes' won't change what's happened, Kook. Dwelling on the past will make it worse for you," she said. "If you're not able to move on, then you'll need help."

"I'm not ready," I replied. She tucked my hair behind my ear as I drank my coffee.

"You're never going to be ready if you don't consider it," she said.

"Okay, you don't have to call me out," I joked. "But I have considered it, I don't want it."

"It doesn't make you weak. Vulnerable, yes. But only in the beginning. It doesn't matter who you're attracted to, or who you're going out with. If you're not healthy, then the relationship is just going to become toxic," she said. "God, I really hate those mates of yours. Especially Yoongi, he's really annoying. But I care about you, and I want you to be okay before doing something big."

"Alright. I'll do the stupid therapy," I said, chuckling when she let out a squeal of joy. She hit the back of my head and ran off to the kitchen, leaving me to rub the back of my head in confusion.