15. Lost

I was lost. I was very much lost in the maze of the palace. Not once had I come across another living soul. I had a good mind to enter a random room and just stay there until someone found me. Scratch that, I tried to enter rooms, but they were all either locked or empty and dusty.

I groaned and slumped against the wall. My legs were aching, which pushed me to wonder how long I had been searching for a room. I closed my eyes in annoyance as my stomach rumbled.

Hearing footsteps approach me, I opened my eyes to see Yoongi walk towards me. Well, he was actually storming over to me. It was obvious that he was angry. He reached down and harshly pulled me by my elbow to make me stand up. "What the fuck is the matter with you?" he snarled out. I looked at him in confusion.

"What?" I asked.

"Are you trying to escape again?!" he yelled. I shook my head in denial and opened my mouth to explain, but he didn't want to listen. He pulled me by my elbow to one of the rooms I was trying to get into. He unlocked the door with a key and threw me in. I groaned in pain when my side collided with a table's edge. The room consisted of a blizzard table in the middle. and a headlight hovering over it.

"What are you doing?" I asked, clutching my waist which made harsh contact with the table.

"Punishment,(do not romanticize)" he growled out and locked the door behind him. I backed into a wall to get away from him when he approached me.

"I wasn't trying to escape," I said, looking up at him in fear. "I was searching for you."

"Why?" he asked. "You're on the opposite side of the palace. I was in the library."

"I didn't know where the library was. I was searching for a while. I got tired and took a break, which is when you found me," I responded, my voice shaking. He looked at me to see if I was lying. I further backed into the wall when he walked forward until he stood right in front of me. His figure towered my cowering one.

"Get up," he ordered. I stood up and gulped at the proximity between us. He held my face, his fingers pressing into my cheeks. "Try running, and face the consequences. Do you understand?"

"Y-yes," I stuttered out. I relaxed when he pulled away.

"Stay with me," he ordered. I followed him like a lost puppy. "Why were you searching for me?" His voice was much softer than before.

"Hoseok said you had my dagger," I said. "I want it."

I could feel his stare and did my best to avoid it by focusing on memorizing the path. "Not until we can trust you," he said.

"I need it."

"Why?"

"Because."

"Because?"

"Just because."

"I'll need a better reason than that," he said.

"My girlfriend gave it to me," I said. A lie. "It was the last thing she gave me before I was sent here."

It was silent.

"I'll give it to you if you promise to not use it on anyone," he said.

"I promise won't use it to cause harm," I said. I didn't make promises very often. I stopped expecting when people made promises a long time ago. Although when I made promises, I tended to stick by them. Promises were meant to be broken, and no one could change my mindset about that.

Yoongi led the way to his room. I awkwardly stood at the door and watched him take my dagger out of the bedside table. "You have a girlfriend," he said. It was a statement, but I knew he was questioning me.

"Yeah," I said, taking the dagger from him. My dagger had a jagged silver blade with a purple and blue dragon as the crosspiece and the hilt had a design of scales of majorly brown with green and orange hues. Ironically, the dagger had all the colours of my mates' eyes.

"You like her a lot, I'm guessing," he said, as we walked away from the room.

"Wouldn't date her if I didn't," I stated the obvious.

-

"Nighter! We got a gift for you!" Jimin yelled as he barged into the library. I heard Yoongi sigh in annoyance as Jimin's voice resonated in the vast room. We were sitting far from the door, in a comfortable corner while reading. Most of their books were written in some other language, so I took a random English book and started reading that. "Where are you?!"

I looked at Yoongi who signalled me to keep quiet.

'WHERE ARE YOU?' I flinched when I heard Jimin screaming in my head. I relaxed when I remembered that one of his powers included telepathy. I let Yoongi respond since I had no idea how to do so. I looked at him in confusion when he stood up. He closed my book, making me retract my fingers before they were squished under the pressure. He grabbed my elbow and pulled me towards the exit. I squirmed to escape his harsh grip but he tightened his hold on me.

"Yoongi, let him go. You're hurting him!" Seokjin exclaimed, pulling me to his side.

"He tried escaping again. He said he was searching for me, but I don't trust him," he said in another language.

"You tried escaping again?" Seokjin asked, sending me a pointed look.

"I wasn't. I didn't know where the library was and I got lost. I couldn't find anyone!" I defended myself. How many times was I going to repeat my explanation?

"We need to figure out sleeping arrangements," Hoseok said. "We can't leave Nighter alone if we can't trust him."

I stayed silent as they continued talking as if I wasn't there. Jimin and Namjoon pulled me to the side while the others continued discussing. I felt... very uncomfortable around them. They were my mates, they were supposed to be my safe haven and I, theirs. I was so uncomfortable around them. I knew it was mostly because I was in denial, but I could feel that there was something off about these six people. I didn't like that.

"We got a necklace for you. Wear it at all times," Namjoon said, suspending it in the air. The necklace had a black chain and a north star compass as a pendant. It was really pretty, but not my style.

"T-thanks," I said as Jimin clasped the pendant behind my neck

"Nighter," Seokjin called out to me. I looked at him while my fingers traced the pendant. "You're sharing a room with Namjoon and me."