71. Foreign Familiar Face

"Yoongi please," I whispered as he pulled me to open ground. Apparently Alex and Sangmi had built an underground house with an underground tunnel to Serek for resources.

"Come on Nighter, I don't want to argue," he said. "I just want to go home."

I pursed my lips and complied. Once he shifted, I sat on his back, sending a small wave to the family. Yoongi didn't hurt me after that day. Probably because I didn't fight back. Sangmi and Alex even let me take care of Royce most of the time so Yoongi and I didn't have to interact much. In fact, Yoongi was barely around Royce. Alex demanded limited or supervised interactions between him and Royce.

He was calmer after that day, even treated the bruises on my neck. I put my walls back up, my mindset going back to being independent the morning after being vulnerable to manipulation.

-

I let out a whimper as he pulled me into the palace once he wore his clothes. I ignored the approaching males and ran into Lana's arms. "I missed you," I whispered, hugging her tightly. She hugged back.

"I missed you too," she whispered. We pulled away, a fake smile on my face. I felt safe around her. I knew I was safe with her.

"Nighter!" Jimin squealed. I turned to look at him run in my direction, catching him when he pounced on me.

"Hi?" I greeted with confusion. "Why did you jump on me?"

"Well you ignored us, so I had to get your attention somehow," he replied, getting off me. He had a goofy grin decorating his face.

"How's Hoseok?" I asked, looking at Lana. Her smile fell and so did Jimin's.

"He's lost weight. Still the same," Jimin said. The others walked up to us.

"So can we do the thing?" I asked Lana.

"Do you know about the side effects?" she asked.

"It may be different without silver, or for dragons?" I asked.

"Well that's still a huge risk. He could also die," she said.

"So we just wait for him to wake up?" Yoongi asked.

"At the moment that's all you can do," she replied. "I'm sorry."

"Well there might be something that you can do," a foreign voice said. I turned around to identify who the familiar accent belonged to.

"Clay," I whispered, recognizing the face that had grown into the familiar features.

"Hello Jungkook. Long time no see," he said, smiling.

"You know each other?" Lana asked. "He landed here yesterday, sought shelter at a local's home for the night. They brought him here in the morning."

"We're childhood friends," Clay replied. "Got separated when we both were adopted."

"Yeah," I said. "Why were you exiled?"

"Allegations," he said. I squinted my eyes at his response.

"What kind of allegations?" I pushed.

"Murder. You know how many allies my father had, Kook. They came after me when he was arrested," he revealed. "What's with the questions?"

"You said there's a way to wake Hoseok up. What is it?" Taehyung pushed. I could tell he was skeptical of Clay. I didn't know if he got a bad vibe from him, or if he didn't like the fact that Clay called me by a nickname that I was obviously accustomed to being called. I pushed away the questions that were flooding my mind. Hoseok was a priority.

"You see, I'm a scientist. I worked hard to get the job, seeing as our country revolves around social ranks," he started. "I could take a sample of their DNA, and see if Hoseok's blood gets affected by Jungkook's."

"Okay, we can do that," I agreed.

"You can't," Lana cut in. "Not until we get consent from Hoseok's family."

"We are his mates. Does that count?" Seokjin asked.

"No. Since you're not married, you're not considered his next of kin," she replied.

"Well, I'll call his family in the morning. They already know of his current state, and have visited him whenever they're free from work," he said. "For now we focus on other things. Yoongi and Nighter should take some time to relax. It must have been a long journey for you if you left in the morning and reached here late evening. Dinner in thirty minutes."

"Hey Jungkook, how about a sleepover to catch up?" Clay asked, slinging an arm around my shoulder. I looked at Seokjin for permission. He nodded. "Lead the way, Kook."