70. Resistant

(TW)

^Jungkook's POV^

I woke with a start when Yoongi climbed on me. "You're having a nightmare?" he asked. I didn't realize that I was panting.

"W-was I?" I asked. I couldn't remember the nightmare. Actually, I didn't even remember dozing off.

"Yeah," he said, in a soft tone.

"Why are you on top of me?" I asked, shifting to a comfortable position on the couch.

"I was trying to wake you up," he replied, getting off me.

"By getting on top of me?" I asked.

"I'm not very good with nightmares," he replied.

"Why did you really come here, Yoongi?" I sighed out.

"I'm hurting," he replied, barely audible. I sat up instantly.

"Are you hurt?" I asked.

"N-no. The bond. We're not supposed to be too far from our mates. The stronger it gets, the less time you spend away from your mates. You need to be in contact with at least one mate if you're poly. It physically hurts when you're not... and it's hurting," he said.

I sighed. "Fine," I mumbled, loud enough for him to hear. "There's not much space on the couch."

"Well, you dozed off before they could show us our living arrangements. We're supposed to share a bed," he said. "If that's okay with you."

"It's fine," I said, getting up. My mind forced me to limp the first few steps out of fear of the pain if I was still injured. I forced myself to walk properly, my mind relaxing when my leg didn't hurt.

I lay in bed, letting Yoongi hug me from behind. His face buried in the back of my neck, his breath hitting my nape. His thumb caressed my stomach through my shirt. "Thank you," he said, his breath sending shivers down my back.

I hummed in response, instantly dozing off.

-Two weeks later-

"I don't want to go!" I said, running my hand through my hair in frustration. It was night time, and Yoongi and I were arguing about going back to the stupid palace. We made sure to keep our voices at level even though every room, except the nursery, was soundproof. "I was fine without you, I don't need you. Just let me be free for God's sake!"

"Nighter, this is not up for discussion. You're coming back with me and that's final," he snapped. Why couldn't they get it? I didn't like them. I didn't want the bond.

"Do you expect me to magically gain feelings for any of you by keeping me confined? That's not how it works. You don't learn to like someone, it just happens," I said, gesticulating out of frustration.

"You are my responsibil-" he started but I cut him off with a glare. I was overwhelmed with emotions, all rooting from the situation my night-time job got me into.

"I can take care of myself just fine. I don't need any of you to treat me like some Damsel in Distress. If you feel like I'm a responsibility, then we definitely should not be in any kind of relationship. I'm not some chore for yo-" he cut me off, his anger getting the best of him.

"ENOUGH!" he yelled. I jumped back in fear and shock. "You're coming home with me."

"And if I don't?" I challenged. "I could injure you and run away. No remorse. There's nothing you could do to keep me with you."

"If you don't..." he trailed off, thinking. "Lana faces the consequences of your actions."

I scoffed. "You may have that mindset to do such things, but the others don't," I snarked. "Don't you dare blackmail me with Lana. Stoop as low as you want, but if you lay a hand on her, I will kill all six of you. Mate or not. Whether they're involved or not."