11. Bathroom

My wrists were healed. So were the wounds on my leg and shoulder. Jisung removed the stitches. That was three and a half hours ago. I had about thirty minutes before I could mock those royal assholes for thinking that I was their mate.

Those thirty minutes I was locked up in Yoongi's office with him. I was pretty sure that he was playing games on his laptop.

"What kind of work do you guys do?" I asked, throwing my legs over the armrest of the black couch in his office. He looked at me.

"Nothing interesting. We're searching for other forms of life on the planet," he said.

"No crimes or anything? Wow, this is a really boring place," I commented.

"There are crimes, but they're quite rare. The royals provide for everyone's financial needs," he said.

"What about resources? Like food and technology. Where do you get your resources from?" I asked.

"We grow food. The rest of the resources are nicked from the scouts we send outside the country," he said. Silence blanketed over us once again.

"So what happens to me if I'm not your mate?" I asked.

"We'll probably throw you in a cell and question you," he responded. I rolled my eyes.

"I'll make it easier for you," I said, getting up from the couch and heading over to the door. I yanked it open and casually walked in the direction of the stairs. "Is this the way?"

"Hey! Who are you?" a guard yelled at me. I stared at him in confusion. "How did you get here?"

"S-sorry, I don't speak your language. I'm not from around here," I apologized, my eyes widening and my stutter slipping through when he pulled out his sword.

"Who are you?" he asked in English.

"Nighter. I'm searching for the dungeon," I said. "Do you know where it is?"

He looked at me in confusion. "Do you think we're playing games around here, kid?" he asked, irritation lacing his voice.

There was a heavy feeling in my chest the more I walked. "Nevermind," I said, moving away from the sword and walking back towards Yoongi's office. I was pulled back by the guard, and thrown at the wall. I slid down the wall just as he swiped at my stomach, dodging it by luck. I stared at him with wide eyes as he retracted his hand and moved it forward to impale me. I rolled away and ran as quickly as I could.

I barged into a random room and locked the door behind me. I stumbled away from the door when the guard started banging on the door.

"Nighter?" I turned around when someone behind me voiced out my name in concern. It was one of the royals. He had brown eyes and he was shorter than me. His eyebrows were furrowed when he looked at the door. "Are you alright?"

"Which royal are you?" I asked. They couldn't even introduce themselves? Then again, it wasn't like I gave them the time to do so. I was busy running.

"Park Jimin at your service," he said. "You can call me Jimin, mate." He looked back at the door when the guard outside yelled once again. He walked over to the door and yanked it open. The guard raised his sword but froze when he saw a royal open the door.

"Y-your majesty," he greeted. He straightened up and sheathed his sword.

"What is the meaning of all this, Lee Shuk?" Jimin asked.

"Your majesty, that man is an intruder. He walked up to me and asked where the dungeons were. He doesn't even know Korean, we cannot trust him," the guard said.

"I recommend including the bit where you lost your patience when I asked you where the dungeons were, and you tried to kill me," I said. My eyes widened when he sent a sharp glare in my direction.

"Enough!" Jimin ordered. He looked at the guard. "He's a potential royal. Make sure that everyone in the palace knows. This better not happen again. You're dismissed."

The guard bowed and walked off. "Alright! Thanks for that, I'm going to be on my way," I said. "Where are the dungeons?"

"Why do you want to know?" he asked, checking the time on his watch. "Ten minutes."

"Yoongi said that you guys would throw me in a cell if I wasn't your mate. I was making it easier for you," I said.

"That's... not what we will do if you're not our mate," he said, sighing. "Yoongi's mindset is much different from ours. He was raised with a more aggressive mindset."

"Well, Seokjin harassed me. I don't think Yoongi has a mindset much different from your king's," I snarked.

"He did that?" Jimin asked.

"Irrespective of what he did, I'm not gay. I'm not your mate," I said.

"You don't need to be gay to like someone of the same gender," he argued. "Were you ever given the chance to explore your sexuality?"

"Yeah, and I'm not gay. I even have a girlfriend," I rebutted. He looked at his watch again and I realized that he was stalling. I opened my mouth to speak, but a cough escaped my mouth instead. "B-bathroom."

Jimin pointed towards the corner of the room. I ran to the bathroom, feeling the food being pushed up my food pipe. I emptied the contents in the toilet and even coughed out some blood. The brown-eyed royal walked over to me and rubbed my back. I heard a patter of footsteps approach the room. I lurched once again, this time vomiting blood. I was being held by someone, my back was being rubbed by someone else and my hair was pulled back by another.

"What's happening to him?" I recognized the voice as belonging to Hoseok. My hearing was toning down into a ring, my eyes were starting to droop. I collapsed in Yoongi's hold as Taehyung and Jimin worked on wiping my mouth.