Ending and beginning

Start from the beginning

Mentally I wasn't able to prepare myself and I'm sure that Lizzie isn't prepared as well. My eyes didn't look away from Lizzie and she did the same. Our eyes where locked until I reached the front desk where the three where standing.

„Again sorry for the interruption Professor Olsen you can move on with your lecture." principal John referred and they walked out before I did.

My eyes landed on Lizzie once more as she mouths me a ‚what is going on?' which I obviously don't have any answer to.

The only response I was able to give her was a slight shoulder shrug before I left and closed the door behind me.

I turned around seeing the three standing there in silence as I stepped closer feeling like I will go insane if I don't know what will happen next.

„Can you tell me why you need to talk to me so urgent?" I asked trying to sound as normal as possible but o could hear the fear in my voice.

„Why don't we go to my office first for a bit privacy." principal as answered but I needed to know it now.

„Principal the hallway is empty and I'm sure everyone is occupied with their lectures. Whatever it is can be told here it wouldn't make a difference if I was in your office or not." I explained while I was standing my ground trying not to be scared but I'm scared as fuck. Even though Lizzie and I broke up I don't want her to be in trouble.

Lizzie POV

Everyone was talking further about their upcoming plans but I wasn't listening for a single second anymore. I feel like my body went numb and I was about to lose my shit.

I was looking through the glass door where they where standing and talking. I'm not pretty good at reading lips so it's hard to figure out what their talking about. I can see the fear Aubrey tries to hide while she bites down on her lip. Her eyes move around a bit more hectic than usual and I think she is scared that we might get caught even though we broke up. It would mean hell for the both of us and I will lose my job. Not that it's that important for me because I'd rather be with her but it also depends on her future.

I was focused on Aubrey's expression and I feel like she has a million written across her face. She chuckled dry and her eyes filled with tears within seconds. She stepped back shaking her head violently.

Her tears fell down and she didn't hide them for a second. She hates to cry especially in front of strangers. But it seems like she didn't care at the moment.

I looked at the officers and the principal and I could read one thing from officer Phillips lips.
‚We're so sorry bre.' was everything I could read from her lips and my heart sank to the ground.

I don't know what to think or feel. My heart aches as I see the expression on Aubrey's face. Horrified and pale. Her lips quivered and her eyes where red.

After some minutes they walked off with Aubrey walking first. I wanted to get up and walk after them but I was bound to be here in my class. If I would have walked out everyone would have been suspicious about our relationship.

Narrator POV

Lizzie and Aubrey where both scared to death. Aubrey's life changed for the worse and Lizzie didn't know anything about it. Neither did she wanted her to know at the moment because all she wanted to do was turn back time. She doesn't know where to but she just wanted to go back in time. Anywhere but here would be better now but this wasn't simply possible.

The class has ended and everyone got ready for their graduation ceremony. Ben and Vivian went to Aubrey's place first but the place was empty and it looks like nobody was here. She isn't answering her phone as well and it didn't seem like her.