○ 59

"That smells so good dad," Mari spoke as she sat at the kitchen table, watching as her dad cooked up their breakfast.

"Scrambled eggs, just the way you like it," he said as he slid over her and Minsu's plates of food.
"I have to head off early today. Honey can you make sure your friend drops Minsu back home before you head to the movies?"

"Sure thing dad, love you," she said and her dad waved goodbye to them both.

"Oooo are you going on a date," Minsu wiggled his eyebrows and Mari rolled her eyes.
"Shut up, no I don't. Just going to watch a movie with someone."
"With that Jinyoung guy?" Mari's head whipped to look at him. "I knew it! Do you like him?"

Looking back to the front, she adjusted herself in her chair and began to move around the eggs on her plate. "I don't know."
"Do you like Donghyuck hyung?"
"I... I don't know," she said again, voice rising a little higher than before.

Minsu huffed in dignity, sitting up higher in his seat. "You so like Donghyuck hyung."

"Wha? What! I never said I did."
"Isn't it obvious, the way you sounded more certain when you said 'I-I don't know'"

Mari tsk and put up her hand to fake hit him and he laughed, "I knew it. Are you going to tell him? And what about Jinyoung?"

"I'm not sure. I think I still like Jinyoung though. How do I know I'll make the right decision?"
"I think when the time comes, you'll just know."
"Thanks Min. When did you get so wise?" She smiled at her younger brother. Feeling proud of him in the way he's growing up.

"I don't know. Somewhere between moving to Seoul and now," he stood up and put his plate in the sink.
"I'm gonna go get ready."

Mari watched as he walked up the stairs before turning back and pulling out her phone. Effortlessly scrolling through her feed with one hand as she shovelled her eggs into her mouth with the other.

Getting bored of Instagram after a few likes she moved onto her messages, realising she hadn't checked the message from Donghyuck.

Hyuck :)

Hey Ma. Do you think you could come around soon. I really have to talk to you about something that I've been thinking of for a while and I think it'll be better if we speak in person. Don't worry it's nothing bad, I just need someone to tell and I think you're the best person for this.
Sent

Omg im so sorry for not seeing this!
But yeah sure. Hope everything's ok
Im free tomorrow after school if you wanna talk then?

It's okay :)
That sounds good

Perfect

○○

"That movie was amazing" Jinyoung said excitedly as they exited the movie cinema.

"Right! I didn't think it was gonna be as good as it was," Mari smiled, content in the movie choice.

"It makes me really wanna fly a plane now," the boy laughed, adrenaline from the movie coursing through his veins as he imagines what it'd be like to become a pilot.

"It looks so freeing, being able to go anywhere you want," Mari agrees with him, the two stopping out front of the building.

The chilly nights air pricking at their skins indicating that winter was just around the corner.

"Shall we go get churros? There's a place nearby that's really good. Mum used to take me there when I was little."
"That sounds really good."

The two walked in quietude down the streets of the city. It was oddly busy for a Tuesday night, the two having come straight from school, the expected the streets to be desolated.