○ 48

"So where are we going?" Jinyoung asked as Mari lead him blindly through the streets.

"I thought we could use today to take you shopping. You said you wanted to see more of the island and what better day to do it than on our free day. Plus the others already had planed something else and didn't want to come, losers," Mari said, muttering the last part under her breath as she turned around a corner.

Stopping in her tracks as she abruptly turned around and opened her arms wide, "welcome to Chilsungro shopping town!" She exclaimed and Jinyoung looked around him at the busy street.

Shops lining every wall as people gathered around windows and restaurants, smiles filling the air as they walk around with full bags and empty bank accounts.

"The others said they'd catch up with us in the afternoon after we've finished here," she mentioned talking her spot next to the boy as they began to walk down the street.

"This place is so cool, how did you know I wanted to go shopping?"
"Jeno told me you had mentioned it to him, so I thought this place would be perfect. What were you looking to buy?"
"I want to buy my sisters something, and maybe something for my mum," he mentioned, stopping at one of the shops and looking at some of the small trinkets.

"Aww I'm sure they'd love that," she looked around too, looking for something her brother might like.

The weather was nice and warm considering the days were starting to get colder.

Busy bodies railed the streets with arms full of groceries and shopping bags. Smiling under the sun as they walked past the two who seemed to be in the own world.

Fingers grazing small objects in the stalls outside of shops, picking them up for inspection before placing them back down to do the same to the next item.

"What was it like growing up here?" Jinyoung asked and Mari looked up to see him on the opposite side of the table, eyes staring right back at hers as he awaited the answer.

A fragment of a smile grazed her lips as she reminisced on her childhood.
"It was honestly magical," she looked down at the toy in her hands, playing around with it.

"I remember when I was about 5 or 6, my mother brought me and Minsu down to these shops and she brought us these like spinning top toys. They were made out of wood or something and then we went to the park next to the beach and played with them."

"Did you used to go to the beach a lot?"
"Almost every day," she laughed, thinking back on the good ole days.
"I'm a little jealous."

At the sound of his words Mari looks up to him with her head tilted, eye brows furrowed.
"Why?"
"Okay don't get me wrong I love Seoul, but I don't always like the city rush style. My parents were always busy at work or social parties trying to keep their business afloat and everything felt rushed. Then my dad used to tell me stories of how when he was younger he'd always go to the beach and spend hours there just relaxing in the sun. I guess life caught up with him and he started to forget the small things," Jinyoung spoke sincerely and now she realised why he said what he said at the waterfall.

She showed him a gentle smile, "you're still young."
"Pardon?"
"I just said you're still young. You could still have the life you wish too, you're never too old to change how you live your life. If you want to go to the beach, what's stopping you?"

The boy looked down in thought before shrugging, "I'm not sure."

"Well then that's your start, if you don't know what's stopping you then you have no reason not to do it," she said, picking up one of the little trinkets to buy for her brother and walking to the counter, Jinyoung following behind her.

"Do you recon we should get something to eat before the others arrive?" Jinyoung asked as he looked down to the girl beside him.

"I think Daeun mentioned something about a cafe she saw on her tik tok page. She said it was around here somewhere I'm not sure," Mari peered down at her phone to see that the others were currently on the bus to their location.

Jinyoung nodded, hands pushing themselves into his jacket pocket as he watched the girl tap away at her phone- messaging her best friend.

"Okay," she locked her phone and shoving it into her back jean pocket, "what should we do while we wait?"

She raised the question to him and he hummed while looking around. "I don't know, what else is there to do around here?"
"I know there's a park around here somewhere, or we could just continue shopping," she mentioned trying to think of other things they could do while they wait.

Their hands filled with bags from their little shopping spree they just went on.

"Maybe we could continue on shopping, if we go to a park the others might get lost."
"True."
"Before we go back though, is there like a toilet around here or something?" Jinyoung asked looking around for the sign.

"Oh yeah sure, the cafe down here is usually super nice with letting people use their toilet," Mari mentioned and led him to the front of the cafe, holding her hand out to the boy who gave her his shopping bags.

"I'll be right back," she nodded and watched as he turned around and walked up to the counter.

Pulling out her phone she saw no new notifications from the group chat nor her best friend so she started to randomly scroll through Instagram.

Getting bored of the lack of memes on her page she entered her messages app, eyes scrolling through her contacts before landing on her mothers name.

Biting down on her lip, she opened up the chat.

Mum ❤️
Tue, 4, Oct  10:12pm

Hey mum
I don't know what I'm feeling right now tbh. I like Jinyoung, he's super nice and sweet, you'd love him
But I cant help the way my heart beats when I'm around Donghyuck.
I know I should be angry at him, and a part of me I guess will always be, but idk, things seem... different now.

Anyways, I love you and I hope to hear from you soon ❤️
Delivered

Today  11:25am

Hey mum
It's me again
How have you been? I hope life is treating you alright
I miss you a lot. I wish you could just come back to us
Im currently shopping with Jinyoung right now, we're in Chilsungro
OMG DID I MENTION IM IN JEJU?!
Maybe I'll see you walking around! I really wanna see you again, I miss you so much
We're in Jeju for our school camp! It's so weird being back mum. Seeing everything just reminds me of you and dad and Donghyuck and Eunjoo

I don't really have an update on the whole Jinyoung x Donghyuck situation
Jinyoung did take me out on a date tho, and we kissed...
But is it weird to say that it didn't feel right?
Like it was an amazing kiss!! Don't get me wrong
But it just felt... off

You'd know what to say about this, you always did give the best advice. Maybe you could tell me what I'm feeling ahah because quite frankly I'm just confused

I don't feel as strong of a hatred towards hyuck anymore and a part of me is disappointed?? Idk
I really wish you could tell me what I'm thinking because my brain feels muffled and being back in Jeju I don't think is helping
At least I have my friends to distract me

Anyways I guess I got to go, Jinyoung will be back any second
Have a wonderful day! Get back to me when you can!!
I love you mum ❤️❤️❤️
Delivered