○ 52

(Don't underage drink)

Mari mindlessly jumped around the dance floor, the bass of the music pumping through her blood stream and she was careless to the world.

Hair flicking back and forth as she let herself be free, mind completely pushing away whatever she wanted to forget- point one for her brain.

Her hand dragged over her body as she felt the music inside of her, eyes barely opening until she felt the urgent need for another drink.

Stopping her dancing she looked around, eyes dancing around the room until she spot that all too familiar cauldron that had already supplied her numerous amounts of drinks.

Stumbling on her feet towards the table she felt a presences next to her, "having fun?"

Her head tilted up at the voice and she blinked heavily when she noticed it was Donghyuck. His eyes glaring down into hers and she couldn't help her eyes from drifting over his frame.

"Yep" she popped the P and turned to pour herself another drink.

"Ma don't you think that's enough, you are already so drunk," he stated, hand coming out to stop hers that was on the ladle.

"You can't tell me what to do," she pushed his hand away and filled up her cup.

"Ma, is something wrong? You only ever get this drunk when you want to forget something."

Mari lazily looked up to the man, bringing the drink up to her lips as she sipped on it- eyes glaring into his own and she could feel every emotion that she had felt over the semester start to rile up inside of her.

The bass pumping through her stomach not making her feel any less better as she flicked her gaze between his two dark orbs.

The same dark orbs she once upon a time fell in love with- and maybe still is.

She clenched her jaw as she swallowed and turned to walk away, only for his hand to reach out and stop her.

"What are you doing?" Donghyuck asks lowly and the girl stopped in her tracks, turning around and looking up to him with big eyes and furrowed eyebrows.

"What do you mean 'what are you doing'?" Mari asks with a hiccup, body swaying slightly at the intoxication running through her blood stream.

Eyes still glaring into his through a patronising squint.

"Why do you keep acting fine one second and the next you go back to hating me, why are you doing that?" His eyes were dark, hand letting go of her wrist and bawling up as his other hand grasped the neck of the beer bottle.

The girl peered up at him, eyes squinting slightly before looking out to the crowd of people not even a foot away. Her friends all dancing around or playing beer pong, just having a good time.

When she didn't answer, Donghyuck spoke firmly, "Mari."

"-I'm doing it for them."
"What do you mean?"

"What was it that we said when you first arrived, be civil? Well that's what I'm doing and I'm doing it for them. I just-" the girl exclaimed before stopping in her tracks, eyes shutting as she swayed on her feet, every thought and feeling every flooding back even through she tried so hard to forget.

"You just what?" Donghyuck was starting to get more stern, completely fed up with the mixed signals he was getting and it was becoming all too much.
"Mari?"

"I just, e-every time I look at you I just get remin- Reminded of every memory ever and I hate it, y-you torment me you know?" She mumbles out angrily and the boy looked at her confused as she downed the rest of her drink, throwing it in the trash can next to the table.