○ 57

The sound of a knock resonated around the house.
"Mari! A boy is here to see you!" Minsu yelled from down stairs.

"Coming!" She yelled back, running around her room in an attempt to grab the last few things and shoving them into her bag before rushing down stairs to see Jinyoung at the entrance talking to Chohee.

"Mari," Chohee said as she watched Mari stumbled down the stairs.

Glancing down at the girl who had to straighten out her jeans and jacket. Forcing a smile when she looked up at her, "you never told me you had such nice friends."

Eyebrows furrowing, Mari let out an elongated "uhhhh" as she began to pull on her shoes.
"All my friends are nice?" She said confused at what she was insinuating.

That was when Mari finally looked up to Jinyoung, giving him a small smile and speaking a soft "hello" before grabbing her bag and opening the door for him.
"Well I'd love to stand here and chat Chohee but we have somewhere to be. Bye."

Mari began to push the much taller boy out of the house and he looked over his shoulder to say goodbye to her step mum. Mari quickly shutting the door behind them and huffing that they finally got away from her.

"Now that she's gone I can finally say hi," she said and giving the boy a soft hug. "Hi."

Jinyoung chuckled and hugged her back, "hey. You ready to go?"

Pulling away with a smile and  adjusting her bag strap "most definitely. I'm so hungry."

"Did you not eat?" Jinyoung looked down to her, tsking when she shook her head.
"I wanted to save as much room for cake."
"You still need to eat, breakfast is very important."

Jinyoung opened the door of his car for her and she thanked  him, sliding into the car and watching him jog around the back to his side.

"Okay, where are we heading?"

Mari gave him the directions and watched as he turned the car on, the gentle purr of the engine vibrating underneath her and he slowly made his way onto the street.

It wasn't long before they got there. The car rolling to a stop as he parked perfectly.

The two exiting and making their way into the cafe, the smell of sugar and coffee filled the air and a smile grew on Mari's face.

"Wow look at the cake selection!" Mari exclaimed, making her way to the glass display and gazing over the array of cakes.

"They all look so good," Jinyoung stood next to her, both their eyes sparkling and mouths practically drooling at the sight of the treats.

"I wanna get that one," she pointed to the cake that said raspberry white chocolate on it.
"What are you going to get?" Looking up at the boy, he looked over the selection before pointing to one that said wild berry.
Mari looked from the cake to the boy and shrugged, "never expected you to be a wild berry man."

"My grandma used to make me wild berry cakes on my birthday before she passed, I love them," Jinyoung spoke as they lined up behind the person currently ordering.

"Oh, I'm sorry about your loss," Mari felt bad for mentioning anything and Jinyoung nudged her slightly.
"Don't feel bad, she died when I was 9. I'm fine now." Mari nodded and waited as he ordered his food.

Once the two got their table number they made their way to a vacant booth.

"This cafe is so nice, how did you find it?" Jinyoung asked as he looked around the room. An abundance of pot plants hanging off of everything; the roof, on shelves, potted in the corner.

"I saw it on tik tok and it looked really nice. I wanted to take Daeun but she said she wants to go with Renjun," Mari laughed at the thought of them two finally hanging out alone.

"Those two are so weird. It's like they went from hating each other to loving each other," Jinyoung chuckled, shaking his head and looking out the window to his left, the girls posture dropping as her eyes stared into the table.

"Ahaha yeah..." Mari said in a broken whisper. The boy not realising that he had set of her cerebration. Mind going foggy as all she could think about now is Donghyuck.

Deep down she felt as though his words targeted her. The two hating each other for the past two years, but that hatred could not keep away the feelings she had harvested since they were in primary school.

And the kiss. My gosh that kiss. Full of emotion, heated with the moment they were sharing. Two years worth of waiting and yet it still felt a little incomplete.

She felt incomplete- her heart fragmented as she thinks about the two boys-

"Mari... Mari," Jinyoung waved his hand in front of her eyes and she snapped out of her trance. Shaking her head  and looking flashing up to his.
"Yep."

Jinyoung looked at her skeptically, "I was asking if you enjoyed Jeju. Did you enjoy being back?"

"I actually did, it was refreshing being back," she said honestly. Despite the fight and the major hangover she had the day after, she did enjoy her time. It was... eye opening to say.
"Did you enjoy it?"

"It was amazing. It was my first time in Jeju, I didn't realise how beautiful it was. I really loved the waterfall. I still can't believe we didn't get caught," he chuckled in reminiscent and Mari smiled at him.

"Yeah that was really fun. Besides the water being freezing," she said and he laughed.
"God yeah that was horrible. But you made it easy," his smile was sincere and it sent a buzz up her spine.

Dropping her head to hide her own smile.
He sure isn't making this easy for her.