○ 29

"You guys would not believe what Jisung and I just saw," the bubbling voice of Chenle spoke as him and his best friend Jisung slid into the chairs around the cafeteria table the rest of them were situated at.

The group had been talking amongst themselves, nothing of importance or interest coming up so everyone's ears pricked up at Chenles words.

As Chenle opened his mouth to speak, the yells of a girl running towards him cut him of- a laugh bubbling from his lips as Winter came running up to his side trying to get him to stop.

"So what we saw was-"
"No please don't"
"Winter was talking to this guy-"
"Chenle seriously stop"

A smile was found on the boys lips as he tries to avoid Winters hand from covering his mouth.

"And she was like flirting and stuff-"
"Chenle seriously shut the fuck up, please- oh my Goddddd"
"And when she said b-" his words got muffled by the hand that successfully pushed against his mouth. Winter practically being on her tippy toes as Chenle looked up to the sky to try remove her hand. And just when she thought he had stopped her, Chenles partner in crime decided to speak mischievously.

"And as she was walking away she tripped on her feet and landed on the lockers," A laugh left Jisungs lips and Winter let go of Chenle in defeat.

Dropping into the seat and placing her head in both her hands, "I seriously hate you guys."

"It was so funny though, because the guy walked away so fast," Chenle continued to tease and Winters head dropped onto the table, both hands coming to her sides as she flipped off the two boys.

"Awww, it's okay Winter. He's not worth it if he walks away from you like that," Jaemin cooed, hand reaching out to pet the girls head to which she lifted it slightly and dropped it back on the table.

"That's it, I am never going out with a guy. I'm just going to turn gay. Daeun do you wanna be my girlfriend?" The younger girl looked towards the one situated by Renjun.

"I thought you'd never ask," Daeun said, whipping out a gummy ring and placing it on the younger girls hand.

"Daeun, why do you have a gummy ring in your pocket?" Renjun asked, eye brows knitted together in both confusion and disgust.

"You never know when you need to marry someone- here you have one too," she said, pulling out another ring and reaching to grab the boys hand.
"Ah yeah, I'd rather not."

Daeun just shrugged, popping the gummy ring into her mouth and chewing on it.

"Anyways... I'm thinking of having a get together at my house Friday night. Did you guys want to come?" Karina asks as she bites down on her mandarine slice.

"Yeah that sounds good."
"Friday? I can do that."
"I finish work at six but I can come over after."
"Oh for sure."
"Can we watch a horror film?"
"We are not watching a horror film"
"Just because you cry at horror films-"
"I do not cry at horror films!"
"Aww it's okay babbbyyyy I'll protect youuuuu~~"
"Yeah that sounds great Nina, who else is invited?" Jeno asked, eyes soft as he looked at the girl.

"Bold of you to assume I have any other friends than you weirdos," she scoffed before a smile pulled at her lips.

"Bold of you to assume we're your friends, loser," Renjun stated with a side smirk to which he earned a "hey!" and a mandarine slice being thrown at him.

"Other than Renjuns being a bitch-"
"I am not a bitch," Renjun cut of Mari with slitted eyes.

"Ehhhh, you kinda are" Jeno said and Renjun whipped his head around to look at him.

"Okay mr player," Renjun rolled his eyes pettily, blood bubbling at the others hanging up on him.
"You do know that I was joking, right?"
He said and just when the others were about to agree, knowing the boys personality, Daeun spoke up.

"We gotta excuse Renjun, he keeps getting angry quickly because he hasn't had his dick wet in over four months"

"Shut up virgin"

"Shut up virgin," Daeun mimicked, "at least I'm getting pussy unlike you"

"Shut the fuck up you liar, you don't get any either. The most you get is the one attached to you."

"Waw you didn't have to remind me, I was doing perfectly well without you-"

"Can you two just shut up and fuck already, Jesus Christ. The sexual tension here is disgusting." Chenle said at the rest agreed.

Both Renjun and Daeun looked at each other with open mouths before shivering at the thought of the two of them having sex.

"Please tell me you have bleach, that's actually gross.""
"Yeah I'd rather chop of my balls than that."

The rest of the group laughed at the two who shifted in the seats to distance themselves as the cringed from the idea.

"You guys are gross-"
"Whose gross?" Donghyuck asked as he made his way to the table, finding a spot at the end and sliding in.

"Chenle said that Daeun and Renjun should have sex," Jisung said nonchalantly as he continued to eat his food.

"They're disgusting, that's disgusting," Daeun said shivering once more at the thought.

Donghyuck chuckled at the two obviously awkward friends, humming in thought.
"I don't know I think you two would make a good couple."

"That's it I'm seriously gonna barf," Renjun said, placing a hand on Jenos arm as he leant to his side and pretended to vomit, a satisfied grin pulling at Donghyucks lips.

"Can we unfriend you? I'd like to demote Haechan to the position of stranger," Daeun said and Mari only wished it'd be that easy, she would have done it years ago.

Donghyuck rolled his eyes playfully, picking the skin off of his mandarine as he looked around the group.
"What we're you guys talking about anyways- besides them two fucking."

Both simultaneously, Daeun and Renjun dropped their heads to the table, "just when I thought we were over it."

"I was thinking of having a get together at mine on Friday, did you wanna come?" Karina asked, extending the invitation to which Donghyuck thought about briefly.

"I have to pick my sister up from gymnastics at 5 but I should be able to come after that."

"Perfect! That should be everybody now," Karina exclaimed, happy that everyone could make it.

"I'm excited, it's been so long since I've been to your house. I miss your cat," Winter said, fawning over the animal her friend had.

And while the rest fell back into a comfortable talk, discussing what they were going to do on Friday, Mari couldn't help but sit back and listen.

Head falling to lean on Jeno's shoulder as she watched the others. Her knees subconsciously tilting towards the boy and brushing up against his leg.

She could feel the boys cheek rest upon her head briefly before lifting back up and she couldn't help the small smile that rose on her lips.

Maybe she could just stick by Jeno on Friday, avoid Donghyuck and not converse with him.

For someone who so desperately doesn't want to see him, she always end up in situations where they're together.

Regardless of her disliking towards the boy, her friends seem to enjoy his company and she doesn't know if that's a good thing or bad thing.

It's one thing to fuck over Mari, after everything that had happened to them, but it's another thing to fuck over the group.

And if he did that, Mari could never ever forgive him.

But for now, she will be a spectator, analysing all of his moves and remaining civil just as how they stated all those weeks ago.

Three weeks until Jeju and once it's done, they will never have to speak to each other again.