○ 24

"Man- how are you- not out of breath- yet?" Mari puffs out staggered, arms above her head as her face shines a light red from exhaustion and her face screws up in pain as a shooting burn erupts in her lungs.

"Ow a stitch," she flinched, bringing one hand to her lung and pushing in on it as if it'd help relieve the pain. Dropping down onto the floor and spreading her legs and arms out as rapid breaths exhale from her lips.

"Common Ma, it wasn't that bad," Jeno laughs slightly, arms on his hips as he stands next to the girls body looking down at her.

His own soft breaths contrasted against her heavy ones as the class finished up their game of tennis- Jeno and Mari being on a team.

"Yeah- well, I wouldn't be so out of breath if you didn't keep hitting the ball so far away from me," she glared at the boy whose hand was extended, his eye smiles annoying her as he chuckled at her annoyance.

"That's the whole point of the game silly," he teased and the girl rolled her eyes, placing her hand into his and allowing his strength to pull her weak form up.

"Yeah well, next game I'm not playing with you-"
"Good thinking Mari, I think it's time to change partners," the teacher exclaimed, cutting off the girl as he walked past her.

"Uh, Jeno you can go with Byungwoo, Cheolmi with Dowon, Mari you can go with Jinyoung-" the rest of the teachers words faded out in the girls head as she registers who her new partner is.

"Sir, Jinyoung isn't in our cla-"
"Hey Mari," the sound of his voice made her head whip around abruptly.

The sight of his tall frame waving at her as his approaching figure filled her vision and her eyebrows furrowed together.

"Uhhhhhh," was all she could say in confusion as she tried to make sense as to why the boy was standing in front of her.

A light chuckle left his lips at her expression, "our teacher had to leave so our classes have joined for the rest of the lesson, don't worry you aren't imagining things."

His sweet smile made her eyes flutter, stomach joining as she felt it churn in an unfamiliar way.
"O-oh, right," she mumbled and the boys smile widened.

"Well, common then we have a game to play."

{}

"How the fuck are you so good too," Mari huffed out as she hits the ball over the net.

"Miss Jeong, language."

"Sorry sir!" She yells out to her teacher, not taking her eyes off of the ball.

Jinyoung let out a small laugh, legs taking him across the court to hit the ball back into her direction.
"I used to take lessons as a kid."

"Of course you did," Mari mumbled under her breath, racket coming into contact with the ball and making it fly over the net- she hit it a little too hard though as the ball hits outside of the line.

A frustrated groan leaves the girls lips as she watches the boy jog over to retrieve the ball.

"All or nothing?" The boy asked with a raised eye brow, holding the ball up to the racket as he prepares the serve.

A smirk falls onto the girls lips as she readies herself, "all or nothing."

The game sets off once more, the ball flying back and forth over the net as each player receives the ball.

It was an intense match as Mari pushed herself to reach the ball, adrenaline filling her blood stream as the sight of winning was in her eye line- that is until she overcompensates her skills and misses the ball completely, signalling that Jinyoung is the winner.