○ 8

"So what happened to the other guy?"

"Oh he died too."

"This sounds like such a thrilling show," Mari chuckled as she picked up a pair of sweat pants from her bedroom floor that she was currently cleaning, while listening to her best friend ramble on about the show she's be invested in.

After the whole spoiler incident, Daeun decided she would just tell the girl everything, not like she minded as she probably wasn't going to watch it anyway.

The sound of her friend letting out a groan resounded out of her phones microphone and into Mari's ears making her look towards her device and walk towards it.

"Girlie, the main girl is so hot tho and I'm gonna cry if she dies. I'm having a literal Bi panic," Daeun expressed out in distress, her pointer fingers pushing into her temples as her eyebrows furrowed in close.

Mari stifled out a laugh watching her friend go through a whirlwind of emotions over the two main characters of her favourite show.

"Did you tell-" Mari opened her mouth and began to speak to her friend when the door to her bedroom burst open and cut her sentence short- her head immediately turning to see her brother strolling into her room.

"What are you doing?" Mari asked as her brother looked around her room nonchalantly.

"Your rooms a mess," he sneered matter of factly and Mari's face fell deadpan.

"Minsu" she said displeased, the mere presence of her 14 year old brother annoying her as he just stood next to her bed.

He picked up a piece of paper from her bed and looked at it, eyes scanning the sheet before he spoke, "Haechan? Isn't the name dong-"

"Minsu get out!" Mari exclaimed, picking up her bra from next to her foot and throwing it at the younger boy who flinched in disgusted and hurried out of her room in horror.

A groan leaving her lips as she stood up exasperated and begrudgingly shut the door that her brother left open.

"As I was saying," Mari said rather distastefully as she made her way back to her desk and sat down, coming back into frame of the camera.

Daeun was leant forward, eyes trained in front of her as she was putting on eyeliner, a hum left her lips to indicate she was still listening.

Mari opened her mouth to speak when the thought she had escaped her mind, "I forgot, never mind. Why are you putting makeup on?"

Daeun leant back to look at herself to see if everything was even.
"Dads invited family friends over for dinner and I'm trying to impress their daughter," she spoke as she grabbed out her lip gloss and began to apply it.

"Well I wish you luck, you look hot."

"Why thank you my darling," Daeun blew her a kiss after and Mari shook her head with a smile pricking at her lips.
"Oh hey! I was gonna ask, when are you and Haechan gonna meet up for the assignment? It's kinda sucky that Beomseok broke his leg but it lead to you and Haechan being reunited! So that's always a positive."

Mari swivelled on her chair as she listened, eyes trained on her lap growing wider slightly as her best friend mentions his name.

"Uhhh, we haven't actually messaged each other yet," she said and it was as if the Universe was listening, a notification popped up at the top of her screen.
"Oh... actually never mind he just messaged me."

"Oh damn, really?" Daeun asked with a slight laugh, "the coincidence. You should answer it then, I'll leave so you guys can talk."

"Oh no you really don't have to-"

"Byeeeee," the sound of her voice rang through the air before a swift beep beep beep sound followed suit leaving Mari looking at her own reflection in the blackness of her phones screen.

"Curse you Choi Daeun," she said with a shake of her head before picking up her phone and opening up the message.

Donghyuck

Hey it's Haechan
Seen Yesterday 1:58pm

Hey
I'm free Thursday if you wanted to
catch up then

Mari lifted her head to the roof in thought, going through her work schedule in case she was busy. She lifted herself off of her seat and laid down on her bed, phone above her as she began to type.

Thursday's good
Where do we go?

Not mine

Fine
I guess my place will do
Meet me at 4:30

Great
See you then I guess
Seen

Mari turned off her phone and dropped it next to her on her bed, eyes blankly blinking at the ceiling.

Whats gonna happen when Haechan comes over?
Could they actually stay civil?
Or will something arise?

Well whatever it was, it began to pick away at Mari's nervous as her mind ran over every possibility that could happen.