Chapter 28: With Him

Start from the beginning

"I guess, I'm fine. Thank you for asking... "

I was fidgeting my fingers when I replied. To be honest, I'm really nervous right now.

"I don't think you are okay to be honest with you." She shakes her head. "You can't tell a lie to me, dear. I know, you have to be tough always but you can let down your guard now. No enemy's watching. This is just me... "

Yun na nga... Ikaw po iyan...

I sighed again. I wished, I am not here.

"And, I am not happy to hear your situation with your mate." Umiling-iling ito. Alam kong hindi matutuwa ang kung sino mang makakarinig noon kaya inasahan ko na ang magiging reaksyon niya. "No. Not in the slightest." She 'tsked' three times.

Well, sino ba namang matutuwa? Even I, who's not into prince Ul was disappointed, paano pa si Mrs. Ramzel na produkto ng tagumpay na pagsasama? I heard, she has three kids now. With a happy marriage with her mate and all.

Should I be jealous?

"If I were you in your position, I will seduce my man, Mezul dear. After all... I owned him as much as he owned me. But never mind. You are not me at all. It just saddens me everything in your fucked up situation. Eurlious and I had been together for more than a century now and still, I can't find myself living without him..."

"I'm late, ma'am." Umiling-iling ako. "He told me. I arrived late. Too late..." I didn't expect that those words will come out on my mouth with bitterness. Not to mention that it also sounds painful.

"You are not. Trust me you are not, dear." At hayun na naman iyong hindi magandang pakiramdam na ngiti niya. She's really making me uneasy. "Your man is just plain stupid and you are too understanding. Sorry for the word—I wanna be vocal. I want you to know, how disappointed I am with your so-called relationship."

I'm disappointed as well...

"When I met Eurlious we are just about your age as well. He was this guy who's emotionless with everybody but softens when it comes to me. He might not show it on public but there's no denying the pull of attraction we felt for each other. Every damn time. Heck, I can't even stand not to see him for an hour—that's why I'm wondering..." Bahagyang lumakas ang boses niya. "I'm really wondering how the two of you can deny each other? Was it painful?" Tumaas ang isang salok ng labi niya. "Was it hard?"

Bigla ay natawa siya. But more on to herself.

"Forgive me... I've been always like this. And what kind of question was that? Of course—it must be painful! Specially on your side! " And now she's histerical.